Our mission

New Custom Maple Cabinet

Kara13

Supporting Member
Thought I'd share my new cabinet. It's solid maple trimmed with purple heart. The doors are the most insane part. They look like drawers, are flush and open up. They close and open automatically with just a slight start.

The tank is 80 gallons and is in a pass through between my living room and kitchen. This is the view from the living room.

Granite on top of cabinet.

It was just finished today and I'm so excited! A good friend of mine built it for me. He's pretty amazing!

IMG_0402.jpg
IMG_0403.jpg
IMG_0406.jpg
IMG_0408.jpg

Beautiful piece of furniture! How did you move your 80 gallon tank from its previous location?! Did you have to empty everything out first to make the transfer?! Tank is lovely too!!

Beautiful piece of furniture! How did you move your 80 gallon tank from its previous location?! Did you have to empty everything out first to make the transfer?! Tank is lovely too!!
This was a total upgrade. I had a 37 gallon with a fluval canister filter. We doubled the depth by knocking out the wall. Also added a sump. Went from 37 g total to about 100.

Wow, I think that is one of the most beautiful tank stands I have ever seen.
I have designed cabinets and built some of my own furniture. Must say the quality and details are impressive.
Access doors are a great idea.

It is funny, when I first looked at it, it seemed odd that the handles were on the bottom of the drawers.
But the way that work as a hinged access panel (obviously not drawers) is really slick!

Back