Jestersix

New here

hello all! I used to be more active with my aquarium and the community and am starting to get back into it.

I had a lot of fun years ago at one of the swaps in Stockton and hope to get back into it. (live in Sj, willow glen)

I currently have a 65 gallon rimless ADA tank and am looking to go up to a 150 plus build a refugium and sump in my basement under the aquarium. Then I can finally house my favorite fish and have the space for swimming and corals. 60x24x24 or something like that.

My lighting is currently a kessil 360 and I am looking to bump to a kessil ap 700. What do you all think?

Who in the area can build me a quality tank? Starphire etc?

Can’t wait to get back into the hobby! Thanks for any and all opinions!

Attachments

• C75338C3-8586-406B-A41C-C2FE68B36EAD.jpeg
    C75338C3-8586-406B-A41C-C2FE68B36EAD.jpeg
    38.3 KB · Views: 353
  • 31ADD4CF-A292-4886-B16D-33B7F2E9BF69.jpeg
    31ADD4CF-A292-4886-B16D-33B7F2E9BF69.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 371
It is, I was busy with work and they kinda took over after about 6 months. I’m killing them back not with aptasia-x. Any good ideas on what to do with them? Anything cool?

At this point I could cut a frag a day.....

I’m thinking of putting the ap700 in a chandelier, we’ll see what I really end up doing.

Hi and welcome!

I use the AP700’s and like the Kessil mounting arms.

Also regarding tank makers, I’ve been very happy with my Red Sea Reefer 750 if you don’t need custom.

Let me know what kind of tanks you find out there to your liking! It’s really hard to go from an ADA aquarium to anything else. Everyone else’s silicone jobs look somewhere between disappointing and appalling. Having said that, I think you already have the biggest aquarium ADA makes (?) so I agree with others that Red Sea and CDA are good large tank options :)
Crystal Dynamics seems to only work with half-inch glass and they can’t make the size tank you want (>100 gallons) rimless. The Red Sea reefer tanks have thicker glass to make their larger tanks rimless. Neptune’s has the CDAs on display if you want to see them in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CDA is who I went with my custom tank. They do use thicker glass depending on whether you go with rimless or eurobrace. One of the quote that I received back from them was for 3/4" due to the dimensions on the rimless application.

You can check out their build quality at Neptune for reference since they carry standard sized tanks from CDA there. You can oftentimes see custom tanks there as well prior to them being picked up or delivered. I've also seen their custom work on Steve's tank not too long ago and I would say it's beautiful. For reference, I own starphire tanks from ADA (Japan), Miracles (Canada), and AquaJapan (Chinese).

Last edited:
CDA is who I went with my custom tank. They do use thicker glass depending on whether you go with rimless or eurobrace. One of the quote that I received back from them was for 3/4" due to the dimensions on the rimless application.
What are the dimensions of the rimless tank you quoted with 5/8” glass from CDA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

40x24x24. They have to use 3/4" glass if I wanted that height on a rimless. They could only do up to the 21" height if I wanted it in 1/2" rimless.

Back