Reef nutrition

New Hobbyist Workshop Gear Sale (April 12th 12:30-3:00PM)

Hi everyone! We'll be having a gear sale during the New Hobbyist workshop, so that new hobbyists can pick up discounted equipment to start their first tank. This is a great chance to clean out those closets and sell your excess aquarium equipment.

Please post if you plan on bringing things to sell, so I have an idea of how many tables we will need for the sale.

I have a big box of aquarium stuff I still have to go through from the move. I'm sure I'll have something. Is the gear for sale just for new hobbyists? I'm a new member and new to the area, but not a new hobbyist.

I think the gear sale is for all, however it's geared towards new hobbyists who might not have a lot to drop on getting their system up. So if you have that old MH retro setup that is dirt cheap, etc, it'd be good.

I have a big box of aquarium stuff I still have to go through from the move. I'm sure I'll have something. Is the gear for sale just for new hobbyists? I'm a new member and new to the area, but not a new hobbyist.
The gear sale is definitely open to anyone! Experienced members who attend the event are more than welcome to buy gear at the sale. We just figured since the event is geared towards new hobbyists, that most of the shoppers will be new hobbyists setting up their first tank.

I think the gear sale is for all, however it's geared towards new hobbyists who might not have a lot to drop on getting their system up. So if you have that old MH retro setup that is dirt cheap, etc, it'd be good.

I came into the hobby when LEDs were becoming popular and T-5s were the norm. Never had a metal halide. :)

I'll start digging in that box seeing what I have to get rid of and get a list to you Felicia. I know I have stuff still from my 55, 75, and 180 that won't work for the new tank.

I'm sure I'll be able to dig up a few things. I've got a big sequence 1000 pump I don't need, a 250w Halide ballast, and probably a few heaters.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Okay, finally got through my box of stuff.
  • SeaClone 100 skimmer
  • SolarmaxHE (Deep Blue Professional) 2ft single T5 fixture
  • Aqua-Reminder (programmable aquarium service alert)
  • 2-way Plastic Gang Valve
  • Maxi Jet 1200 Pump (old style)
  • SeaView Aquarium Background Sealer x2
  • Mag-Float for Glass - 3in x 2in x 1in
  • Mag-Float for Glass - 4in x 1in x 1in
  • Airline Holders - 5pack
  • Reef Octopus HY-5000 Water Blaster Water Circulation Pump
  • Tunze Wavebox 6215
  • AquaC Remora Pro

Back