Reef nutrition

New Hobbyist Workshop Volunteer Thread (April 12th 12:30-3:00PM)

I can take a slot at welcome table and at gear swap. I have limited time that day so I can't help with setup or cleanup this time.

How many people are we expected? I'm going to print out some handouts for cycling and wanted to know how many to print.
Its hard to estimate since all the advertising is done through the stores and I have no way to get a headcount. I was going to plan for up to maybe 30 to be safe. If you need me to get things printed for you using the BAR funds, please let me know!

Hi everyone! The event is fast approaching! Thank you for everyone who has volunteered. Please let me know if you need anything specific for demos or handouts or whatever for your station! Also, it would be great to get a few more volunteers to help with the stations so please don't be shy. We'll be selling pizza for lunch at the event and all the volunteers get free lunch on BAR for helping out! This event definitely depends on you guys, so we appreciate all your help.

Is help with pizza pickup and or sales needed? Or maybe I'll just wander around and chat with people. I can be a walking general info booth!

Is help with pizza pickup and or sales needed? Or maybe I'll just wander around and chat with people. I can be a walking general info booth!
David is getting the pizza, but we do need someone to help man the lunch table during the event. If you could help out with that, that would be great! You're also more than welcome to be a walking general info booth :)

How many people are we expecting? I'm going to print out some handouts for cycling and wanted to know how many to print.
If anything, you can just refer them to our site with a link to a thread that you created with the same exact information. It'll also give new hobbyists an opportunity to "continue the conversation" of what was discussed at the workshop that everyone can reference.

Besides, it's more eco-friendly. :)

If anything, you can just refer them to our site with a link to a thread that you created with the same exact information. It'll also give new hobbyists an opportunity to "continue the conversation" of what was discussed at the workshop that everyone can reference.

Besides, it's more eco-friendly. :)

That is a good idea. I will post a new thread with what I've written up..

I'll print out the url on little cards.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That is a good idea. I will post a new thread with what I've written up..

I'll print out the url on little cards.

Perfect! We can always print out a couple copies for you to have at your table for people to look at while they're there if you'd like too.

No worries; I'll print out a few copies at home and bring them along.
Thanks,
Tyler
Thanks Tyler! You sure make my job easier by being so on top of everything! I've got your bottles for you, so I can help you quickly fill those up before the event starts. Also, I'll bring you some sheet protectors to put the printouts on your station in so they don't get all wet during your water test demos :)

Hi everyone! I just wanted to say thank you so much to our volunteers! You guys really rocked it today! The new hobbyists really enjoyed the event and we got quite a few new members! You were all so well prepared and did a great job helping me keep it all running smoothly! Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with the new hobbyists!

It was my pleasure. I've learned so much from other hobbyists it was nice to be able to share the knowledge I've accumulate over the years too.

It was also nice to meet everyone and see how active the reefing community is here. Such a refreshing change!

It was my pleasure. I've learned so much from other hobbyists it was nice to be able to share the knowledge I've accumulate over the years too.

It was also nice to meet everyone and see how active the reefing community is here. Such a refreshing change!

It was very nice to meet you in person! Glad to have another active new member in the club! I appreciate how organized you were with prepping for the workshop! Definitely made my job easier :)

It was very nice to meet you in person! Glad to have another active new member in the club! I appreciate how organized you were with prepping for the workshop! Definitely made my job easier :)

Nice to meet you as well. I'm glad there is a club here I can be active in.

Hey always willing to help.

Back