New In-Wall Tank

Discussion in 'DIY' started by REEFCARTEL, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Anhit

Anhit Supporting Member

It's looking good. I guess you're going full sps?

2. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

Yes. Decided SPS dominant, with certain Low nutrient and high photosynthetic clams. Going to try and put some Blastos, Acans, scolys, and chalices in there too.

3. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

Thanks Anhit

4. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

I got this brandnew nice 60g ADA rimless tank I might sell. If nobody buys it I will turn it into another LPS/Softie tank. Zoas, Shrooms, Hammers, Torches Etc. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419049577.325439.jpg

5. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

RODI Container #1 Came in for water storage. Still waiting for the 2 Horizontal Tanks for the automatic mixing station. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419539891.439436.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419539900.190234.jpg

Kmooresf likes this.
  6. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419639325.090066.jpg
    more plumbing materials

7. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

RODI Storage Reservoir in place. lifted it up about 4 ft to add the horizontal salt water mixing tanks below it. Then I will add a pipe that will go directly into the sump for automatic water change ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419754804.569550.jpg

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  8. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

Horizontal Saltwater Mixing Tanks arrived :) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419992067.887489.jpg

9. Marc

Marc Guest

Sweet set up. Love seeing progress happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

10. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

Thanks marc

11. rygh

rygh Supporting Member

Looks great. I really like the picture frame look.

But I suggest a video surveillance system of some sort.
    Have a temporary camera you can place directly in front of the tank.
    Have a small LCD screen in the garage.
    So you can see what you are doing from the front side, while you are moving things around.

12. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

On it! actually putting a drop cam ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420176081.701562.jpg

13. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

Got the garage nice and clean for the new year

14. jonmos75

jonmos75 Guest

15. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

You cant view the video on the fusion app. You have to switch to the dropcam app on the ipad or laptop. Switch to mirror view to view it on the TV if you have the laptop connected.

16. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

Quick question for you guys regarding flow. Do any of you only use only one "overflow" pipe for tanks over 100g. Im using a 1-1/2" durso pipe with 1" Bulkhead opening and 1" for the return. This would give me about 1560gph gravity fed and I know its suggested to have the tank turn over 10x. Do you guys suggest more or would this be perfect considering the reactors and fittings.

17. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

18. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

19. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

Automatic Mixing Station

20. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

Man I love the look of your system. I tend to be as interested if not a little more of the planning/building as I am the final product! The planning you have is awesome and I love the red plumbing.

sent from my note 4