Cali Kid Corals

New Member Area/Introduce yourself thread

hahaha am now just "the Asian guy with no wife" LOL

After the last meeting she asked, why is the meeting lasted so long ? and is it always this boring ??? LOL.... I guess she doesnt appreciated it as much as we do :D :D

This is a great thread :)

Hello my name is Doug and I'm a tankaholic... This is my first post here on the Bar website.. I joined a couple of days ago after lurking for quite sometime.. I'm hoping to meet more of you shortly at the next meeting..

I've kept aquariums for close to 20 years.. Starting with freshwater community fish, then moving into cichlids, predators and planted tanks.. Now I'm more into oddballs and reef of course.. Just my natural progression as a hobbyist.. Each previous step has helped me with the next.. Hope all goes well with my newest venture :)

Big thaanks to those who have already helped me out.. Mr. Ugly, Delsol 650, Sparkss, ac green, rleechb, bookfish, radiolunatic and everyone else who has answered my questions on the Bar forum on RC... It's great to have a place to gain and share knowledge with such a diverse group of hobbyists..

Hey Everyone, just officially joined although Ive lurked for a very long time and know a few of the members already. Anyways, my name is Daniel, go by Paradox009 on RC. Im currently running a 150 and have had all sorts of aquatic systems for 15+ yrs now. Main interests remain in reefs and cephalopods. You can check out my tank at http://thetentacleparadox.com/CuttleFarmArmy-About.htm although most of the website needs to be updated. The tank section is pretty current though.

Well, just looking forward to meeting more of you and sharing thoughts and ideas of this common addiction!

We will own you all.

whalevsarchi.gif

Either that's an extremely small shark or the cuttles are mutating into GIANT RAVENOUS DEADLY MONSTERS FROM THE DEEP!!!
I think the second answer is better btw.

[quote author=bookfish link=topic=431.msg24112#msg24112 date=1189103840]
Ah, revenge of the Cuttle Overlords. I knew it was just a matter of time.
Welcome.
[/quote]

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, revenge is the key word...They are pretty angry that thier brothers are hanging on hooks in the asian markets.. =)

Hey Rich! All these recent reports of jumbo squids infesting our local waters is making me itchy to go catch some. I guess I should be on the lookout for a 3-4 foot glass cylnder.

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say hi. My name is Mike from Fairfield. I have a 79G reef, SPS mainly. My RC handle is also Nuuze.

DSC_6162.jpg

Hello everyone, I just thought I'd introduce myself. I hope to make it to the next meeting. I'll try and get some pics up this weekend.

Hi everyone,

Just joined BAR. My name is Ken, I live in Santa Clara. I am new to the saltwater hobby, (just started about three months ago) but been keeping freshwater fishes for a while. I started out thinking I will try FOWLR, but can't control myself not to keep corals. lol. I have a 60 gallons tank with about 100 lbs of LRs and plans to upgrade it in the future to at least 150-200 gallons tank. It is very nice to be part of the group where people share their corals so that everyone can enjoy those beautiful corals. I was also a part of SFBAAPS (called sf bay are aquatic plant society, i think) and I have great experiences during plants swap. I am also on Reef central with the user name moneylaw (some of you already knew me and helped me answer some of my dumb newbie questions :p ) Anyway, just want to say hi to everyone.

Thanks,

Ken.

:D

Good to see another here from SFBAAPS. I wouldn't be surprised to see more folks from there since it is one of the largest and the oldest plant society in the nation. ;)

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

LeviTillie, I won't be able to make it on Oct 13th though. :-( Thanks for ur reminder.

Regarding SFBAAPS, they are really great people, very friendly and helpful and I got a chance to try several aquatic plant species. Too bad I got bored with plants. :)

Thanks.
Ken.

Back