Neptune Aquatics

New Movie Trailer: FINDING DORY

I just saw a marine depot video that said that a 48" long tank was the minimum for a blue tang. I've always thought they needed more. Live aquaria says 6' and 180 gallons. What do you guys think?

If I can convince my cousin to take the baby at night I'll be heading to a preview showing... but if not I still want to see it on the big screen, those guys at Pixar do some good work have to see it in all it's glory rather than on TV

I just saw a marine depot video that said that a 48" long tank was the minimum for a blue tang. I've always thought they needed more. Live aquaria says 6' and 180 gallons. What do you guys think?
Yeah those guys at BRS are also calling their 160 gallon tank as large too... I hate being all tang police but unless your tank was also 3 feet front to back to really give some swimming direction 4 feet is a bit on the small side

If I can convince my cousin to take the baby at night I'll be heading to a preview showing... but if not I still want to see it on the big screen, those guys at Pixar do some good work have to see it in all it's glory rather than on TV

Yeah those guys at BRS are also calling their 160 gallon tank as large too... I hate being all tang police but unless your tank was also 3 feet front to back to really give some swimming direction 4 feet is a bit on the small side

We try to trade babysitting when ever we can with friends so that we don't have to pay for it. One week we drop off the kids and go see a movie and the next week our friends drop their kids off with us.

Mine is only a 125 gallon that is 48"x30". Would that be enough then?

Well the preview for the movie starts at 7pm, which is the guys bed time... or I should say ultra-"I don't want to sleep now"-crank fest time.. and I might want babysitting in the future :D

That said, I wouldn't go with a 125g tank for a "Dory", something like a bristletooth tang sure, but not a hippo. But then again I tend to take things a bit more on the conservative side when it comes to tangs. If it's going to be anything like the last movie, there will be tons of "Dory" fish coming into the LFSs and it was not too uncommon to find a tank full of them that are all tiny damsel sized fish. Say what you will about your LFS, they will try to cash in on this as much as possible.

I had one in my old 120 set up for like 8 years, he was the healthest tang that anyone had ever seen ....

_DSC1652[1].jpg

I've seen it. It's pretty good. You've gotta see it if you're into reefing even if you dont have kids! And when you do you'll say things like, but oscellaris clownfish do not host anemones like that one! Saltwater fish can't live in freshwater! or travel to different temperature zones! or survive in mop buckets!

Not as good as the first one though. Felt like the first one took you to different settings with more characters, where as this one was pretty centralize in one location.

I loved it! Well, my avatar might be a bit of a dead giveaway, but it is a great movie (and I do not have kids ;) ). I do agree that while it is a great movie, the first one was a tad better. But you gotta love Dory :)

Back