Jestersix

New Stand, or, Confessions of a Remorseful Reefer

The best two pieces of advice I've received since starting this hobby are:

1. Be Patient
2. If you're concerned about the cost of a tank this hobby isn't for you.

I've discovered in my haste to start the tank, I didn't plan the stand well at all. I'm interested in building a new one that's the proper height with drawers and adequate space below. The question is...is it possible to move a 75 gallon up and running tank off one stand and onto another?

Standing by

Can you move a tank? Sure, but you have to be patient to do it -- by taking everything out, putting it into a temporary holding bin, changing out the sand and then putting it all back together while minimizing as best you can the inevitable mini-cycle.

I thought you wanted something that is the proper height, and had drawers? Height you might hit, but drawers most definitely are not standard on ANY aquarium stand.

Jeff,

Photos of the stand attached.

I live in Fremont (94539), close to Fry's.

The only constraint of this stand is the maximum foot print of sump that can fit in the front doors is 29"x17". A shorter but deeper sump may fit in too.

Attachments

• Stand_2.jpg
    Stand_2.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 205
  • Stand_3.jpg
    Stand_3.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 200
  • Stand_1.jpg
    Stand_1.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 202
That's awesome. It's actually for my classroom tank. could I pick up later today? I would need the exact dimensions to be sure I can get it into my highlander.

I thought you wanted something that is the proper height, and had drawers? Height you might hit, but drawers most definitely are not standard on ANY aquarium stand.

For my home tank, I want to build a taller one with drawers in addition to the sump area. I'm handy. I had a cabinet woodshop in my garage when I lived in Cheyenne and did many really nice furniture pieces. Router table, table saw, miter saw with cradle, and full dust collection. Now I don't even have a garage! #urbanlife

Jeff,

It will be wonderful if this stand will be used in a classroom!

Yes I am avail late afternoon and evening today.

Length: 50 1/4” (including the overhang on the top surface)
Width: 24 3/4”
Height: 30 1/8”

Back