New tank purchase, need help

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Klems, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Klems

Klems Supporting Member

Got the final covering for the side of the cabinet that will hold the electronics...just need to finish the door and attach with European hinges. Also got the left side of the front installed...

Attached Files:

2. Klems

Klems Supporting Member

Cabinet and doors are finished and ready to be painted. Cabinet is done except for the top...will finish that tonight and then time to paint...

Attached Files:

3. Klems

Klems Supporting Member

Tank has arrived....

Attached Files:

Calde0920 likes this.
  4. Calde0920

Calde0920 Guest

Awesome following along

5. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

Ah... the smell of new tank... all that fresh silicone ...

6. Klems

Klems Supporting Member

Stand is completely painted inside and out....Get to move it into the house once Christmas is over

Attached Files:

Calde0920 likes this.
  7. Judah001

Judah001 Guest

I have the same setup as you. I love my tank! I have done several plumbing mods to it since I purchased it. The owner Steve of SC Aquariums is a good guy! I have upgraded all the pumps and so on since purchasing it from him. I now use the old return pump for salt mixing station :) Enjoy!

8. Judah001

Judah001 Guest

Found a few pics from when I first set it up. Since then all the equipment underneath is different but same style plumbing. Increased the size of the durso drain to 1 1/2" and had to mod the return pipe to make it all fit.

Attached Files:

Calde0920 likes this.
  9. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

You have a gate valve on the durso w/o emergency drain? Isn't that risky?

10. Judah001

Judah001 Guest

LOL I was waiting for somebody to say that. My return pump is a reef octopus that has a float sensor built in. I have the float sensor in the over flow should it clog it will kill my return pump.

11. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

Still scary imo, that float sensor could be clogged up with whatever. I'm just super scared of spill in general.

Edgar Sandoval likes this.
  12. Kim Pattison

Kim Pattison Supporting Member

Apex breakout box

13. Klems

Klems Supporting Member

Here is the test fit of the plumbing...How does it look? Left is emergency drain... Middle is return and right is main drain... Will be adding another union to both return and main drain above where filter sock will be... One gate on the manifold for the reactor and other is for future need

Attached Files:

14. Klems

Klems Supporting Member

Made a few additions / changes....

Attached Files:

15. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

So where's the actual sump?

16. Klems

Klems Supporting Member

Still nicely secure on the box in the post on 11/29 above

17. Klems

Klems Supporting Member

Just finished my cabinet to hide my 16"SB Reef Lights for this build. Wife didn't want it hanging from the ceiling or on a TV mount. Just used 1 x 8 pine along with two 20" closet arms I bolted to the sides and two rails that will allow me to move the lights up or down for coverage or remove for cleaning if necessary.

Attached Files: