Jestersix

New to BAR

Hello All,

First post, Intro and already a supporting member!

I have had many aquariums over the years, at peek was six fresh water tanks but now one mix/reef 120gal 4'x2'x2' with 30 gal sump. Profile picture is one of my Hammer corals taken 2/21/16 has 14 heads, thats after I fraged off 4 heads 2/17 as they couldn't see daylight anymore. Well now I have a few for swaps!

For 20 years I was an Ultra Pure Water Chemist and micro-contamination consulting expert for semiconductors, also used to manage a 150 GPM RODI system. Now Im a Global Quality Manager and not hands on as much as before. I'm a PADI Dive Master and love to explore underwater, the need for more saltwater brought me into keeping a reef tank!

Looking forward to being more active in chats and sharing a fun hobby with new friends!

WrightReef

150 GPM RODI...I'm sure some people here would love to have that for initial tank fill :) Welcome to the group. I'm pretty new as well. Just went to my first BAR presentation and had a great time. Lots of nice people willing to answer questions and give info.

Dave

@ Enderturtle
Sounds like I found the right chat group!

@humu
Ultra Pure, think your best RODI water and then remove more... No don't drink your RODI water, Water likes to be dirty, also osmosis in the normal direction not under pressure for reverse, causes cells to swell and burst. For the term Ultra Pure try metals, cations, anions at ppt (trillion), 0.03 micron particles and 0.2 ppb organics...

@ddrueckh
I think all of us wish we had 150 GPM RODI at one time... That system ran 24/7 or 75 million gallons per year in Santa Clara.
Looking forward to the BAR swap, also going to the Diablo Corals swap on 5th.

WrightReef

Thats just the good side of the RO, we did recycle the brine reject into other processes.
A large semiconductor plant uses more water then a small city

@MolaMola

Concord, not that far from Diablo Corals - off Farm Bureau have one of the big 1/3 acre farm lots
I picked up a few great frags too!

Mola Mola sun fish are amazing, seen lots diving in Monterey

Cool. I'm in Pleasant Hill.
What a crazy-looking fish is the ocean sunfish! Have only seen them while sailing and my husband caught a baby one fishing out of Half Moon Bay - wish I had been there.

@MolaMola

Yes crazy big fish,
Was at 165' in Carmel trench (tech diving) and two went by the size of cars. Circled us for a long time. They mostly eat jelly fish and squid, rare to catch them on a hook.

Yesterday went to catch a bee swarm from a neigbors tree. As I was saying good bye saw an actinic blue glow off a mirror. Yep found another reefer only 10 doors away!

Back