Jestersix

New to group...coming back in to the hobby

Scott Sweet

Supporting Member
I just joined the group and hope to meet some of you. I live in Livermore and don't know if there are any members who live in the East Bay. If so, please drop me a note...always want to meet new people :). I hope to make the next meeting in December to meet some of you.

I have been out of the hobby since 2001...long time :). When I got out, due to divorce, I had my pride and joy aquarium...a 450 gallon reef system. At that time, I don't know of anyone who attempted to build such a large tank in a house. I was very fortunate to have it highlighted in a magazine (you guys know what that is? :) LOL) called Aquarium Frontiers written by Terry Siegel. Reef Central was just starting out and the only thing available at the time was an online interview...it is still there, believe it or not, in the archives. LOL. There is so much I could discuss about that experience ... for another time :).

New exciting things...I moved to the Bay Area from LA this year and am ready to finally start a new project after all these years. I have been doing my online research and the new system will be a ~240 peninsula tank. I haven't started a tank thread yet...going to wait until there is something to really talk about :).

Looking forward to meeting you and getting your help :).

Best,

Scott Sweet

This is a great club, I'm sure you will have lots to catch up on. A lot has changed since the early years of Reefing. I started my first reef tank over 20 years ago. This hobby is constantly evolving. You'll have lots of fun times ahead with a new build. Welcome to BAR Scott!

Welcome back Scott. You came at the right time. There's an interesting lull in the hobby around Summer time. Winter is when the hobby really picks up.

Thanks for becoming a Supporting Member, but remember the forum is free for everyone to use. I really encourage new members to use their benefits so that you get your money's worth. Come to the events, joint the contests, borrow the coralbandsaw/par meter, etc.

Happy reefing!

Welcome to BAR Mr. Sweet (cool name) and great move becoming a supporting member. I too am in the east bay but not quite as far east, I'm in the Hayward hills and I'll be looking forward to meeting you at our next event.
Enjoy the new membership :)

Back