Cali Kid Corals

New Tunze Osmolator is Flakey

Very frustrated. I bought a new Tunze 3155 and it had been very unreliable.

Problem 1: It would work for a day to two fine, but eventually the alarm would go off. I figured maybe the humidity under the tank was causing issues with the controller, so I mounted the controller outside of the tank.

Problem 2: Today, I noticed that the tank level as too low but that the reservoir had GAINED water? I unplugged the unit and plugged it back in and sure enough the thing was DRAINING water from the tank.

I am ready to send it back. Any other ideas?

Problem 2 is because your resevoir is lower than the tank and you have the fill tube under water.

Problem 1 depends on what caused the alarm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does the water level show when the alarm goes off? Mine only alarms when the high level float valve is triggered.

Yes, the water level is high, but the osmolator made it high by pumping in too much water.
I would put the float on a separate magnet (included) or make sure it gives enough room for the the water level to rise up onto the optical sensor to stop on its own. I bet you have them too close together. Like Vincent said, a photo would be nice to help diagnose.

You can also open the controller and turn down the rate of water that is being pumped in. Not sure what your tank size is, but if you're maxed out on the power, it might be more likely to overshoot the target.

how exactly do u do this? Is there a dial inside the controller to turn?

You can also open the controller and turn down the rate of water that is being pumped in. Not sure what your tank size is, but if you're maxed out on the power, it might be more likely to overshoot the target.

how exactly do u do this? Is there a dial inside the controller to turn?
Yes. Unplug the device. Take out the two screws in the back. There is a knob where if you turn clockwise towards max it increasing the rate of flow, or counterclockwise to nano to decrease. Simple as that.

Back