Kessil

Hello everyone,
I am new here. I bought my tank back in january 14 biocube and I'm quickly learning moderation is important in this hobby! I hope to be able to learn a lot and contribute a lot to this group.
-Omid

Welcome Omid:) You'll be very tankful to learn "moderation" early on lol.

I also have a BC 14 as one of my tanks. Are you running it as-is, or have you done any modifications? The BC 14 works well as is, but can be improved a fair bit with some easy modifications.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Gomer said:
Welcome Omid:) You'll be very tankful to learn "moderation" early on lol.

I also have a BC 14 as one of my tanks. Are you running it as-is, or have you done any modifications? The BC 14 works well as is, but can be improved a fair bit with some easy modifications.

I've done a few mods. I believe the guy I bought the tank from opened up the hole between chamber 1 and 2 for increased flow and put in a better return pump. He wasn't using the BC skimmer but I am with a small mod, I took the intake pipe from an old aquaclear 50 i had lying around cut it to size and increased the height of the foaming column (it fits really snug too!!!). So far so good. My skimmate isn't too thick but it isn't as bad as it was. I might later try extending the bubble column with the mod i found by doing a simple google search.
I also just did the nanotuners 3.24 add on. Now I'm just sitting on it to see if there is any growth. My next move is to make chamber 2 into the fuge, I'm trying to find the right way to do it. I was sitting at a table in IKEA and found a really perfect fixture for the fuge, it uses a 13w pc like bulb, so it got me thinking. Right now my chaeto is in the display with a reptile light looking light fixture and a spiral fluorescent attached to a chair and pressed against the side of the tank where the chaeto is pinned. Unfortunately the chaeto ain't growing much. Cyano's doing well though ;)

Back