Neptune Aquatics

Night time photography

4874748600_054ede4e61_z.jpg

for people pictures with awesome backgrounds, sit at an outdoor table at a bar and snap away at Union Square. Here's a few I did:

Or if you want backgrounds and cool highways, I would recommend going right above 280, right on 18th street overpass. You can't park there, nor is there really a sidewalk, but it's not too bad:

Art, that second portrait is stellar ... awesome shot! That's a big hat ... :)

That highway shot is awesome! I may check that out this weekend if the fog rolls back a little bit. I have been wondering where around here I could get a long exposure shot of a freeway -thanks! Are you implying it isn't legal to stand on overpass?

A cop rolled past me a couple of times, but he never said anything. Technically it's just a "shoulder" so people shouldn't be there. Safety wise you should be fine.

Thanks John, I appreciate the kind feedback :)
I shot that picture in RAW format, as I do with 99% of my other photographs.

Thanks Alred, the first picture was taken right after the sun went down, and the second picture was taken ... around sunset. It was so foggy that evening, I could not even keep track of the suns position :D

Canon 5DMkii
Canon 24-70L @ 35mm
25sec @ f10, ISO 100
Cokin Z .8 soft GND (handheld)
Tiffen Circular Polarizer
~9PM

Canon 5DMkii
Canon 24-70L @ 14mm
5sec @ f14, ISO 100
Cokin Z .8 soft GND (handheld)
Tiffen Circular Polarizer
~8:30PM

And a beanie to keep warm :)

I checked it out Art -it's a good thing you advised to wear bright colors ... lots of cars! haha
Compositionally a bit hard to work with for the constant fear of being run over :D
4892437457_949a918930_z.jpg

A_Lee said:
I checked it out Art -it's a good thing you advised to wear bright colors ... lots of cars! haha
Compositionally a bit hard to work with for the constant fear of being run over :D
4892437457_949a918930_z.jpg

Nice photo! Good composition. What time of night did you go? When I go there's usually only one or two cars, never going too fast.

Let's head out to the city one of these days, I'll show you some of my favorite spots.

Back