Reef nutrition

Nly's Nano cube-37g

Thank you Mario for this 37g Oceanic Nano tank.

I pick it up from Mario few week ago. Bring it home, do a deep clean, re-seal leak in the tank between the front display and filter area, re-paint the stand, and the trim of the tank, made a light post (for either Kessil or Radion), made filter basket and add some equipments.

Here is the current list:
37g Oceanic cube 24x21x18 with matching stand.
Max-jet 900 as return pump (I tried Sicce 1,5 and the MJ-1200 both are too much for this tank).
Ecotech Votech MP-10ES
Reef Octopus BH-50, ordered as new and will arrive this Saturday 4/5/14
Tunze ATO3155, arrive today Friday 4/4/14
Green Element EVO 18"-22" LED Aquarium Light Fixture as temporary and will replace by Ecotech Radion Gen2 will arrive next week.
100W heater.
Used rock and water from my other tank, so basically almost cycle. I also add some Dr Tim on when I filled it up.

Attachments

• 37 gal nano-1.jpeg
    37 gal nano-1.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 218
  • 37 gal nano-4.jpeg
    37 gal nano-4.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 231
  • 37 gal nano-3.jpeg
    37 gal nano-3.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 207
  • 37 gal nano-2.jpeg
    37 gal nano-2.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 210
Its 2x2 post, aluminum L bracket and 1/2" acrylic base. The acrylic base is for Radion mount only cause it has a cut out to fit with the Radion button. Does not need acrylic base for Kessil.

Small update:
added new light, skimmer and ATO. I made a mistake by put in two green bubble tip anemone without cover the circulation pump MP10. The pump crushed both anemone and both gone. I covered the MP10 and put the hammer frogspawn colony and a green/purple tip color hammer from Mark, I also introduced four new rainbow anemones and a yuma. Hoping everything is OK since I knew I was a little bit to rush. By the way, there is a domino and a blue stripe damsel in the tank. I ordered a pair of grade A picasso and they will arrive this Wednesday hope everything.

Attachments

• media_iai253.jpg
    media_iai253.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 208
  • media_UVqaeS.jpg
    media_UVqaeS.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 190
You should really wait until the tank is more established before adding any bubble tip anemones. They're more delicate and harder to keep, so most places recommend an established tank (like 6 months old). At least wait until you've got other corals in there doing well and you know you're past the new tank syndrome before you start adding BTAs.

Back