Cali Kid Corals

Nori Clip / Pipe

I've always used my Nori PVC pipe with a rubber band before, but got sick of the rubber band breaking when it dries out. (Plus of a slight chance of a fish eating a broken bit or it getting stuck in a pump). People also use the standard suction cup or magnetic Nori clip, or just clamp it between the Mag-Float. Not too fond of that either. I also saw the DIY one from BulkReefSupply, but I didn't have the materials.

What I did have was some leftover bulkhead screen tube that I used for my frag tank. At first, I just used it plain, but the holes were too small and the fish couldn't nip between them. Then I used my bone cutters to snip out sections, but it left sharp edges at the cuts. So I finished off with the dremmel, which was faster also. The zip tie acts as a flip top to hold the pipe with gravity, plus I wouldn't have to cut my fishing line attached to a clip if I needed to take out the pipe for some reason. I clip the pipe to the center over brace to dangle in the middle of the tank. When it was on the walls, the turbo snails would come attack it too. PVC Pipe and bulkhead screen tube can be a longer length too if I wanted to feed a lot more fish in a bigger tank.

P1020295-vi.jpg

P1020302-vi.jpg

P1020303-vi.jpg

P1020304-vi.jpg

P1020327-vi.jpg

Sorry Robert, I have a patent in process, and will be selling each unit for one milllliioonn dollars :p ... but for BAR members and sponsors it's free! I'm sure someone already thought of this, just glad to share. Let me know how it works out... or better yet I'll come in and see for myself.

Back