got ethical husbandry?

North East Bay Tank Tour (no date yet)

Hello all;

I had previously agreed to help host an east bay tank tour in 2014. Never happened. I am very committed to hosting an east bay tank tour in 2015 especially after Rich's suggestion at the December meeting that he might be willing to have his tanks be one stop on the tour. I would like to hold the tank tour on a Sunday in a month when the club has no meeting.

The (extremely) rough plan would be to start either in Berkeley/Albany area or Walnut Creek/Concord and end up in Alameda/San Leandro area. Last time we met up at a by-the-slice pizza place for stand-up lunch to start and allow some time for stragglers to arrive and then toured four members tanks in about three hours. We would probably plan about the same, 3-4 hours and 3-5 members tanks (depending on necessary travel time.)

Once the 2015 BAR meeting schedule is determined we can pick a month. In the meantime, think about whether you'd be willing to have 10-15 reefers visit your tanks and start scraping algae!

I'm on board! But, it'll be another year or so before my tank is show worthy hopefully. I would love to see how others keep their tank so perfect.

If it is in 2015 I should be able to show. I am planning to switch my current 120 gallon tank to a 90 gallon elos tank this month.

Hello all;

I had previously agreed to help host an east bay tank tour in 2014. Never happened. I am very committed to hosting an east bay tank tour in 2015 especially after Rich's suggestion at the December meeting that he might be willing to have his tanks be one stop on the tour....

You might want to check the other thread I started a few months ago and ping some of the east bay members that had volunteered their tanks then. http://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/2014-2015-tank-tours.17200/

Back