High Tide Aquatics

Northbay-reefer 210 .... rebuilding project

Hey NBR,

I was sorry to learn of your near demise. :O

As a fellow rider (street and dirt), I feel for those who have gotten up close and personal with dirt or asphalt. :( I'm glad to hear you're bouncing back and finding the time and desire to engage in your other passion too. ;)

Memories may be slightly over-rated and sometimes worth losing as new and sometimes better ones can be experienced. Glad you're on the mend. As it's said "Keep the rubber side down and the shinny side up." 0:)

Tomorrow, I'm off for a local mini rally with our club (Norcal Voyagers) that's up here from Manteca and Fresno. They generally ride conservatively, so I can feel comfortable riding with them: The Top of the Hill Club, well that's another story. :steve:

These folks pictured are part of the TOHC. Maybe you know some of them? They are out of Mission Motor Cyles in Daly City, CA.

Be well.
Joel
R.K.

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0328.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0330.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/TOHC.JPG

northbay-reefer said:
Well, the rock work is done, but I wasn't able to do anything for the last month because I crashed my bike and ended up in ICU ....lol .... but now I am back and still vaguely remember all of you ....lol j/k ... I'll have more pictures real soon

Good to hear you're okay now, Tom. Just one of those reasons why I sold my R1. It's just too fast for me. Just let me know when your tank is ready. I'll cut a frag of the corals I got from you.

Reef Keeper said:
Hi,

Is this the same Perry that fragged the Meteor Shower Cythestrea for the MARS Swap yesterday. If so, it is an awesome piece and so glad to have it on my reef.

Thank you,
Joel

If not, enjoy the picture anyway; and I'm sorry to cut in on this thread....

I did put a frag of my meteor shower. And that plug looks familiar to me.

I did put a frag of my meteor shower. And that plug looks familiar to me.

Thank you Perry.

You are a terrific Fragger, H) as it hasn't given me any difficulty and its polyps open for feeding which makes me a very happy reefer.
Looking forward to meeting you at one of our meetings. :)

Best,
Joel

Thanks guys, I took 3/4 of the rocks out of the main tank already. so 3/4 of the tank is bared. I also did a water change and vacuumed the sand heavily. I'll do another water change in 2 weeks and vacuum the sand and sift it again before adding the new rocks to the bare side. The old live rocks are cleaned and sitting in the 85 gal refugium.

Perry, thanks for the offer man .... I don't think my tank is ready for sps yet so it will be a little while. Once everything is dialed back in then everything will be ready again. I am looking forward to fill my tank with sps like before so I am very motivated.

Joel, I am too afraid to get on a motor bike because because I love speed too much, but those are cool looking bike you got there ... lol

northbay-reefer said:
Thanks guys, I took 3/4 of the rocks out of the main tank already. so 3/4 of the tank is bared. I
northbay-reefer said:
Joel, I am too afraid to get on a motor bike because I love speed too much, but those are cool looking bike you got there ... lol

Can't blame you a bit. I've had a lot of bikes over the years. The scariest one I've ridden was a 750 Ninja. I twisted the throttle and the bike nearly came out from under me as I held on for dear life. Just glad to hear you're on the upswing. Sounds like you build out is being met with your satisfaction: That's great.

R.K.

The rocks are in the tank .... whew that was a lot of work, but 2/3 of the tank is done, I'll do the other 1/3 this week, I'll try to take some pictures and post it so you all can see the progress.

My tank is DONE!!!!! yayyyyy now all I need to do is figure out how to use my camera ... lol ... I have a Cannon rebel xti, wondering what is the best setting to use for a full tank pix S)

ok tubeman ... here it is :D

northbay-reefer said:
My tank is DONE!!!!!

Wow, that seemed quick. You sound stoked. Can't wait to see the pictures. Congrats

P.S. Flame Angel caught today and traded. Thx, for your help.

R.K.

Late note: Wow, just saw the pictures. That is awesome Man. Nice! :D

Back