not quite a journal yet...

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by magnetar68, Mar 12, 2017.

1. magnetar68

magnetar68 Guest

my goal is turn my 29G into a ~60-75G. I want to make an RTBA tank for my two clowns. i have a buddy who took down his tank a while back and was doing some spring cleaning, so here is what I scored gratis:

MP40
    2xVega LEDs
    RKL controller with 2xpower strips
    Bubble Magus dosers (3 port)
    Refugium LED

Super excited as this is a huge chunk of what I would need to pay for. I still need tank,stand, sump, pump, skimmer, and heater. I am trying to do this on the cheap, so keeping an eye on craigs list. The plumper is installing a water line into the garage next week so I can setup my RO/DI near the tank.

Coral reefer likes this.
  2. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Sounds like a fun project !

3. boun11

boun11 Supporting Member

How about an Elos 70? No sump though.

4. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I can probably do that for you if the plumber flakes.

5. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

Just be aware that rbtas are not natural hosts for what I assume to be occellaris or percula clowns. So there is no guarantee they will take to it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. magnetar68

magnetar68 Guest

Yes, those are really nice tanks. That would be perfect.

7. magnetar68

magnetar68 Guest

Well aware, yes. I was thinking they are the least likely anem to end up dead.

8. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

BTAs? In my experience, they take walkabouts the most and are the most likely to detach, get sucked into the ph and get turned into nem puree. And the tank into a stinking nem soup.

But give them the right conditions and they stay right there. Maybe moving an inch here and there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I've had my rbta and pair of clowns for over a year and still no interest at all in the nem.