Our mission

[Nov 14, 2015] California Academy of Sciences Steinhart Tour (San Francisco, CA)

What a great tour. So much to see and learn about. These people are serious about keeping and maintaining reef aquariums. I wish we could spend many hours with the staff. They must be great to work with. Next year I won't forget my camera as there was sooooo much to see. Organizers did a great job. BTW, I invited Matt to attend our holiday meeting in December. The more the Merrier.

I just want to thank those of you who set up today's tour. It was really awesome to see everything on such a grand scale. Matt vanished at the end of the tour before I could thank him. If anyone is in touch with him, please extend my thanks for spending his time giving us such a great tour!

I wanted to thank Mike @Enderturtle, @denzil , @Coral reefer and the members on the BOD as this was a great experience that you have organized for our members...

Also Matt I loved your "Claude Alligator" story you told us about ....that was really interesting experience you had......lol

Everyone who was able to make it of the in the first group was on time for the 10:25 Tour and we had a great time with Matt and was extremely informative and a special experience that I wont forget ........ @Nav sorry you could not make it *work related*) so my wife @ChillyWilly & I took pictures (some duplicates)....but not the sea urchin picture as you can see its mouth opening...lol

Here is a link to my google drive of all the pictures that we took as there are 121 photos....lol

IMAG1226_1_1.jpg

Last edited:
Just to echo the others - the tour was excellent. Thank you very much to BAR for setting this up and special thanks to Matt for giving his time and for a really interesting and informative tour!

Back