Kessil

[Nov 16, 2013] 2013 BAR Members Only Frag Swap (Hayward, CA)

I used to put Cheato around the frag like bubble wrap but since I am always short on macro algae , super glue works just fine besides it makes a better representation of the frag being offered with out all the Cheato around it . lol

Yeah, glue the frag plug to the bottom of the container works wonders, and not just for SPS, great for zoas too as they're very picky about opening up and it's sometimes a crap shoot to figure out what you're actually getting based off the name/description (not everyone knows what a Pretty Pretty Princess Sparkle Zoa is for instance ;)).

Although I have a color printer sitting right next to me, and seeing Sergio respond just gave me an idea... ;)

One more random question.... I have more than enough swap eligible corals. However, I have some weeds in my tank - blue/green plays and brown ones too. Is it even worth it to try and bring them to give away or are they just pariah corals? I keep wanting to trim them back, but feel bad just tossing them. However, I need the real estate their taking up in the tank :)

One more random question.... I have more than enough swap eligible corals. However, I have some weeds in my tank - blue/green plays and brown ones too. Is it even worth it to try and bring them to give away or are they just pariah corals? I keep wanting to trim them back, but feel bad just tossing them. However, I need the real estate their taking up in the tank :)
Usually we have a free/newbie table set up at the swap with the weed corals that are not allowed in the actual swap. I know last year I brought some GSP and there were a lot of basic mushrooms, GSP, xenia, etc on that table and I believe all of it was taken by the end of the event. Some people are looking for these things and its nice to just put them on the free table so people can grab them if they want them :)

Do we have an agenda for the event yet? (I may have missed it).... I want to come and smooze a little and see the speaker but wont be participating in the swap.. My nano is too young and I have no frags yet to swap. :(

-Gregory

What a fun swap! I got some really cool frags.

One mystery frag. The container had only "Meteor Shower Cyphastrea" on it. It's a very cool and unusual (to me) coral.

I'd love to know who brought this? If you are in stealth mode :) and don't want to go public, please PM me!
What growing conditions was in under? I've been researching it and found everything from 'very low light, med flow' to 'high light, high flow'. :confused:

What a fun swap! I got some really cool frags.

One mystery frag. The container had only "Meteor Shower Cyphastrea" on it. It's a very cool and unusual (to me) coral.

I'd love to know who brought this? If you are in stealth mode :) and don't want to go public, please PM me!
What growing conditions was in under? I've been researching it and found everything from 'very low light, med flow' to 'high light, high flow'. :confused:
I got a piece of this one too. I would also like to hear the particulars. Very enjoyable swap.
It's always a pleasure mixing with a group of friendly reefers.

I now keep my meteor shower mid to low with med flow. In the past I've moved mine around to see its reaction. Up high its done very well under leds. Not sure what it would do if under MH

Back