got ethical husbandry?

[Nov 16, 2013] 2013 BAR Members Only Frag Swap Help Thread (Hayward, CA)

BAR Members...In conjunction with our November 16th meeting with guest speaker Shu Tin Sterlin (on anemone care) we will hold our members only frag swap.

This is a great opportunity to get to know other club members and enhance you swap experience by interacting with people, you can help people and they can help you, plus many hands make for light work.

We have several shifts:

Setup 10:00-finished (4 people)
1) Piper
2) DeeAnnMG
3) 2manyhobbies
4)

Check in/registration/coral runners 11:00-1:00 (3 people)
1) FeliciaLynn
2) Bluprntguy
3) Saltwatersig

Swap patrol/cruisers, 1:00-finished (4+ people)
1) sfsuphysics
2) dswong01
3) denzil
4) bee505
5) Coral reefer
6) fingerwrinkles (maybe)
**this shift needs a few folks that know corals and can help people in the picking area, as well as a few folks to point people towards those that can answer specific questions

Cleanup 3:00-????
(5 people
)
1) Apon
2) Tankguy
3) F6553066
4) CookieJar
5) anathema

Don't be shy, but please be specific about your time frame, it get's confusing trying to plug people in when you don't know when they are available, thanks!!!
- Jim/Sergio/Charlie

Last edited:
I can help clean up...is there no meeting anouncement thread yet? or am I missing it.:D good to ask for help first.

Jim how is that going to work out, a speaker with a frag swap? The waiting area for the frag swap is where the speaker is usually (unless you make them wait outside) in which case most people are going to be paying more attention to the frag swap picking group than the speaker which isn't fair for the speaker.

Ok, so the schedule then is the talk from noon-1:00 and then the swap itself is from 1:00-3:eek:opm?

I want to see the talk, so put me down for set-up and I can do check-in/registration/coral runners from 11-noon.

Jim how is that going to work out, a speaker with a frag swap? The waiting area for the frag swap is where the speaker is usually (unless you make them wait outside) in which case most people are going to be paying more attention to the frag swap picking group than the speaker which isn't fair for the speaker.

We can do setup, registration, & coral check in from 10am-noon. Have the talk at noon-12:45, break, & swap from 1-3.

Ah ok sounds good then Jim, does ShuTin still have that monster tank? Or am I thinking of another ShuTin? :D

And yeah put me down for Swap Cruiser, I wasn't just shouting out the most awesome help support staff that has ever been at frag swaps ;)

Ah ok sounds good then Jim, does ShuTin still have that monster tank? Or am I thinking of another ShuTin? :D

And yeah put me down for Swap Cruiser, I wasn't just shouting out the most awesome help support staff that has ever been at frag swaps ;)

Yes...she's the one with the huge tank. She has been consoladating tanks as its been harder for her to upkeep all of them.

Last edited:
Got everyone down so far. Give me a little nudge if I you volunteered and don't see your name on the list above. We're still looking for more people to cover Swap patrol/cruisers. Let us know if you can fill in one of those empty spots!!

Don't forget to RSV the form above so we have a good headcount! We need more than 3 people in the swap. I can't hide my aiptasia and red bug frags with only 3 of us swapping !!! :)

~Charlie

Only 11 days till the swap folks. looks like we are a little light in a few areas . Need a couple more people in morning set up and also swap patrol/cruiser.

Don't be shy ....these spots will not be available for long ;) better get them while they last.

Back