Nov BOD Meeting Minutes

Discussion in 'Club Financials & Minutes' started by patchin, Dec 13, 2008.

  1. patchin

    patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

    Here are the Nov BOD minutes:

    November BOD Meeting Minutes
    November 8, 2008

    1. Bay Mac
    Yes, we will participate in BayMac. We need to furnish everything but water. Dudley will contribute a 20 gallon tank, that somebody will have to pickup. Bryan will provide the rest of the setup. The object is to sell quality frags as a fundraiser, to promote DBTC, and to possibly add frags to the raffle, half of the proceeds from this go to the club. We will provide providone and frag containers.
    This event will be used to promote DBTC-IC. We will reach out to other BODs of other clubs that plan to attend, asking that a representative stop by our booth for ar starter pack, which will include a few frags and references to our DBTC threads

    2. Banner
    All agreed that we should design a banner to be used at events. Tony will start a thread asking for input.

    3. Budget
    We have sufficient funds to cover expenses. Extra expenditures (Macna, or similar), would require more fundraising. We will try selling t-shirts at BayMac. We will also get proceeds from frag sales at BayMax ( Charles), plus half of raffle money. At least $500 will be used to pad the BAR only February swap.

    4. Newsletter
    Brian Martinez has almost finished the first newsletter. Looks great. It will be in a pdf format and edited by Brian and BOD reviewed by Jeremy and Tony. The newsletter will hopefully be printed in time for BayMac, will contain a Sponsor section and will be linked on RC.

    5. Newbie Welcoming Committee
    Ideas were discussed to try to help new members. Erin has already started a “Welcome New Member” thread .Linking the initial membership payment email to the Newbie thread was suggested, also pairing newbies to oldies was proposed. Volunteers would be needed.

    6. February Frag Swap
    Several points were discussed:
    Go back to tables instead of racks.
    Switch the Regional swap back to Feb next year, so we will have back to back regional swaps in Aug 09 and Feb 10.
    Start hyping 2 months early to promote early fragging and excitement.
    Pad the swap with at least $500 and possibly have a fragging clinic at the Jan BOD on Jan 11 so the newbies can gain experience and the padded frags can be hyped.
    The SPS frags should be maricultured or captive propped, while the LPS should come from sponsors and publicized as coming from that store.
    We will frag only part of the colonies and save the rest for DBTC.

    7. Dec Meeting
    We need to contact Mitch and find out his plans. We want to make sure to take good care of him. Will he stay with Bart? A potluck for the meeting has been suggested on the forum.

    8. Christmas Gifts for Sponsors
    Cookies or something similar suggested.

    9. DIY Meeting
    The possibility of having an additional DIY meeting was suggested, possibly at Max’s, with advanced and beginner projects. DIY is a good filler meeting when needed. Charles to post “What DIY would you like to see?”

    10. Lessons Learned
    Discuss at every meeting.
    Look for opportunities to bring BOD discussion topics to the general membership on the forum.
    Polls were suggested to add interest to the forum. Anyone can do this anytime.

    11. SEABAY Meeting
    SeaBay’s meeting on Dec 15 will feature Bart from the Steinhart.

    12. DBTC Tracking
    The tracking is wayyy behind. Volunteers were solicited. Norm will coordinate Bryan, Brian and Tony in getting us caught up. We need to decide which system we want to input into. Charles has made the Google format available for BOD members.
     
  2. GreshamH

    GreshamH Guest

    shouldn't this be posted in the "club business" forum section? Seems like a bad spot here as it will not only get buried, it's not really an announcement :D
     
  3. patchin

    patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

    Good point. Qualifies as stuff, though.
     
  4. patchin

    patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

    OK, I moved the minutes. Now you can see them in two posts.

    November BOD Meeting Minutes

    November 8, 2008

    1. Bay Mac
    Yes, we will participate in BayMac. We need to furnish everything but water. Dudley will contribute a 20 gallon tank, that somebody will have to pickup. Bryan will provide the rest of the setup. The object is to sell quality frags as a fundraiser, to promote DBTC, and to possibly add frags to the raffle, half of the proceeds from this go to the club. We will provide providone and frag containers.
    This event will be used to promote DBTC-IC. We will reach out to other BODs of other clubs that plan to attend, asking that a representative stop by our booth for ar starter pack, which will include a few frags and references to our DBTC threads

    2. Banner
    All agreed that we should design a banner to be used at events. Tony will start a thread asking for input.

    3. Budget
    We have sufficient funds to cover expenses. Extra expenditures (Macna, or similar), would require more fundraising. We will try selling t-shirts at BayMac. We will also get proceeds from frag sales at BayMax ( Charles), plus half of raffle money. At least $500 will be used to pad the BAR only February swap.

    4. Newsletter
    Brian Martinez has almost finished the first newsletter. Looks great. It will be in a pdf format and edited by Brian and BOD reviewed by Jeremy and Tony. The newsletter will hopefully be printed in time for BayMac, will contain a Sponsor section and will be linked on RC.

    5. Newbie Welcoming Committee
    Ideas were discussed to try to help new members. Erin has already started a “Welcome New Member” thread .Linking the initial membership payment email to the Newbie thread was suggested, also pairing newbies to oldies was proposed. Volunteers would be needed.

    6. February Frag Swap
    Several points were discussed:
    Go back to tables instead of racks.
    Switch the Regional swap back to Feb next year, so we will have back to back regional swaps in Aug 08 and Feb 09.
    Start hyping 2 months early to promote early fragging and excitement.
    Pad the swap with at least $500 and possibly have a fragging clinic at the Jan BOD on Jan 11 so the newbies can gain experience and the padded frags can be hyped.
    The SPS frags should be maricultured or captive propped, while the LPS should come from sponsors and publicized as coming from that store.
    We will frag only part of the colonies and save the rest for DBTC.

    7. Dec Meeting
    We need to contact Mitch and find out his plans. We want to make sure to take good care of him. Will he stay with Bart? A potluck for the meeting has been suggested on the forum.

    8. Christmas Gifts for Sponsors
    Cookies or something similar suggested.

    9. DIY Meeting
    The possibility of having an additional DIY meeting was suggested, possibly at Max’s, with advanced and beginner projects. DIY is a good filler meeting when needed. Charles to post “What DIY would you like to see?”

    10. Lessons Learned
    Discuss at every meeting.
    Look for opportunities to bring BOD discussion topics to the general membership on the forum.
    Polls were suggested to add interest to the forum. Anyone can do this anytime.

    11. SEABAY Meeting
    SeaBay’s meeting on Dec 15 will feature Bart from the Steinhart.

    12. DBTC Tracking
    The tracking is wayyy behind. Volunteers were solicited. Norm will coordinate Bryan, Brian and Tony in getting us caught up. We need to decide which system we want to input into. Charles has made the Google format available for BOD members.
     
  5. GreshamH

    GreshamH Guest

    So BOD meeting minutes from now on get buried in this forum? :( IMO bad move but your in charge......

    It may qualify as "stuff" but so does EVERYTHING :lol: Is this the forum for everything?

    Club Business sure sounds a lot better then "stuff"....
     
  6. Gomer

    Gomer Honorary Member

    http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=5550.0
    which was created Yesterday at 05:37:50 PM.

    Instead of "you're bad for doing it this way", how about "thanks for getting the minutes out to the members". The last public minute's posting I saw was a mini summary in 2006. Our recent minutes was by far the most comprehensive posing of our monthly agenda that I have come across. Recognition is a far better motivator for the BOD who has had a rather rough transition, then being hyper critical ;)
     
  7. alve

    alve Guest

    Thanks for the information! Nice to read what you all talk about during the BOD meetings.

    If the regional Swap will be in February does that mean the BAR Swap moves to August?
     
  8. GreshamH

    GreshamH Guest

    Didn't see that...... I saw what he posted above mine which made it sound like he had "just" cause to leave it here. He didn't mention the thread, so don't jump down my throat.

    Was that the one I did? We (BAR BOD) decided at one point, prior to you ever being a member, not to post the minutes
     
  9. Gomer

    Gomer Honorary Member

    This does mean we will be "losing" a BAR swap. Considering how many corals we pass around anyways, we felt that it wasn't a big loss and will work out for the best in the long run.
     
  10. GreshamH

    GreshamH Guest

    [quote author=Gomer link=topic=5547.msg69262#msg69262 date=1229276304]
    http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=5550.0
    which was created Yesterday at 05:37:50 PM.

    Instead of "you're bad for doing it this way", how about "thanks for getting the minutes out to the members". The last public minute's posting I saw was a mini summary in 2006. Our recent minutes was by far the most comprehensive posing of our monthly agenda that I have come across. Recognition is a far better motivator for the BOD who has had a rather rough transition, then being hyper critical ;)
    [/quote]

    Guess I need to quote you before you change it again.

    The club has had such transitions in the past ;) We've had to find new spots a few times now. Ever hear of BARE? The transition from BARE to BAR was the hardest thing the BOD has ever had to deal with.
     
  11. Gomer

    Gomer Honorary Member

    how about I was editing it because I didn't like the tone it was implying. jfc...
     
  12. GreshamH

    GreshamH Guest

    Yup, and your tone was what I was replying to ;)
     
  13. alve

    alve Guest

    Sounds good to me. I am never able to attend an August meeting/swap because of work so it will be nice to attend a swap anyway, no matter what kind it is. Whatever you guys think is best.
     
  14. patchin

    patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

    I must apologize for some confusion in the minutes. Thanks for pointing it out Aldie. Instead of Regional Swaps in Aug 08 and Feb 09, should have read Regional Swaps in Aug '09 and Feb '10. The Feb '09 swap will be members only with a requirement of attendance of one meeting. Correct, guys?

    Thanks for pointing out the proper place to post the minutes. The minutes were evidently moved before I knew it and then I reposted them here. The "stuff" comment was a joke :D

    I'd like to thank everyone who participated yesterday. We thought it was a wonderful event.
     
  15. sfsuphysics

    sfsuphysics Supporting Member

    Wait, so February is back to a regional swap AND you're putting BAR funds into corals to seed it?

    Hmm did I miss that meeting.
     
  16. alve

    alve Guest

    It is back to as it was before Mike, BAR only swap. August 2009 and February 2010 will be regional swaps like Patchin said. Originally it was written as February 2009 being the regional swap but that has been corrected.
     
  17. sfsuphysics

    sfsuphysics Supporting Member

    Oh ok... guess I should have read the post RIGHT above mine, instead I just read the original one. Sorry guys for feeling Sunday (i.e. lazy) :D
     
  18. patchin

    patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

    Mike,
    We posted at almost the exact same time.
     
  19. Gomer

    Gomer Honorary Member

    Mike needs to learn to consult with his mind reading crystal ball more often.
     
  20. seminolecpa

    seminolecpa Past President

    No you are missing something. The feb swap is members only. The august swap as well as the following feb swap will be regional. We want to essentially switch the two so in order to accomadate we will be doing back to back regional swaps following the feb members only swap. The starting in 2010 we would have the regional swap in Feb and the members swap in Aug
     

Share This Page