Nov Tank Tour Get Together

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by tankguy, Sep 9, 2017.

1. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

Usually we do 3-5 homes for the tank tour and its nice to keep them somewhat close so its not a day of just driving. Lets get a feeling of who might be interested in this years tour. We can either do a south bay tour, west side , east bay , or SF. Please chime in if you would be interested in showing off your tank and we can go from there. Generally speaking we spend around 15 - 30 minutes per home.

2. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

@Apon , do you have plans for the sf tank tour to make a come back this year?
    If not let's start a new tour. Like bob said, we can do any area if Arnold isn't doing the sf tank tour this nov.

3. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Arnold refuses to do a SF tank tour until I show off my tank :D

F6553066, L/B Block and Kmooresf like this.
  4. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

I'm curious if there's ever a chance to do a behind the scenes tour of the reefs at the Ca Academy of Sciences?

L/B Block likes this.
  5. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Rich Ross has offered to do a club tour, that was our alternative idea for oct or nov but people wanted a fragging demo and we haven't had any club tank tours this year yet, (usually Arnold has done a sf tank tour in nov) so time hasn't allowed. I am hoping to book rich for the December potluck soon, maybe he will be foolish enough to offer a tour again this year...

6. Bruce Spiegelman

Yes! Let me know if I can help set this up.

7. Wlachnit

Wlachnit Supporting Member

I'm definitely interested in the tour and would be happy to host one one of the open houses. Keep in mind that I'm in Pleasanton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kmooresf and Coral reefer like this.
  8. Kmooresf

Kmooresf Supporting Member

I'm down to show my tank, but if the October get together is at the Fish Doctor in Pacifica, it just makes sense to stop by after, as I am so close.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Jus open the garage door, "there it is..."
    Tank shown...

Kmooresf and Coral reefer like this.
  10. wfong

wfong Supporting Member

If BAR decide to tour San Francisco I am welling to open my home to show off my three reef tanks.

fishdoctor and L/B Block like this.
  11. L/B Block

L/B Block Supporting Member

Ok. We are a little excited about this. Please don't let it be when I (B) have my conference!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

Usually the 2nd saturday of the month

13. sfsuphysics

You and your wife are always so generous, I absolutely love your tank and love how homey you make everyone feel who comes over.

fishdoctor and Coral reefer like this.
  14. Apon

Apon Volunteer

:confused: wow my name so many times in this thread. Well Mike will you be ready in Nov?:eek:

15. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I don't mind showing mine if people want to come down to the South Bay. I know there's a few others in the area too if they want to host as well (@Vhuang168, @sjbro, @WCKDVPR, ....)

16. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

Arnold, you running with this?

17. Apon

Apon Volunteer

Nope not committing to this yet. I maybe busy in Nov and Mike isn't ready:cool:

18. sfsuphysics

Yeah Mike won't be ready come Nov. The way I see it, even if I get the tank setup in 2 weeks (which ain't going to happen) come November it should just be finished cycling.

I do have my 300g pond on the floor though, so people can look at that, just excuse the mess and please take as much construction debris as you can home so I don't have to pay for a dumpster :D

19. Bruce Spiegelman

I think tank tours would be much more fun if they were unannounced. A stealth tour. We show up and see what members tanks really look like most of the time. :)

Wlachnit and Coral reefer like this.
  20. sfsuphysics

hahahaa, yeah there's a reason quite a few members who show off tanks don't go on the tour because the spend the morning frantically cleaning and scraping the tank to make it look good :D

Wlachnit, Ashalye and tankguy like this.