High Tide Aquatics

Ocean Runner 3500 Return Pump Question

Hello,

Any ideas how long an Aqua Medic Ocean Runner 3500 Main Return Pump will run for?

Mine is over 3 1/2 years old, and when the power supply falters, the 3500 floods and doesn't always drain the sump water back into the main display.

I think I should get a back up for it.

If anyone has one laying around, feel free to :mail: me.

Thank you.

It really depends on when it was made. The older ones are much better then the ones since the warehouse burned down. Sorry, I forgot jut when that was though.

I may have a spare laying around, brand new. Let me check it out.

That happened around 4-5 years ago, I no longer use them and have learned my lesson.

Joel, you may want to look into an Eheim or a Mag at the least, when ORs start having that problem they sometimes never start back up, the impeller knocks around and never engages.

OK then mine is pre fire :) I got it just as I started up with Reed.

tuberider said:
That happened around 4-5 years ago, I no longer use them and have learned my lesson.

Joel, you may want to look into an Eheim or a Mag at the least, when ORs start having that problem they sometimes never start back up, the impeller knocks around and never engages.

If you get around to it. Can you suggest one that will fit my set up and will push a greater volume too? In the meantime, I'll start my due diligence. Thanks for pointing the problem out to me too. H)

I think I should change it out in the next week or so. I'm not exactly sure how Vince plumbed it. I guess I can figure it out if your too busy to look at it.

I'm a little nervous about removing the old pump, as Vince did some sort of "compression fitting" on the return to make it easier to change out the pump. I'm not sure if the Eheim or Mag will have the correct profile / fitting w/o doing some mod.... Interested $) :mail: me after the Holiday.....

Thx Gresham and thx to Mitch (for your e mail) too.

Happy Thanksgiving. There's not a year goes by that I'm not grateful for the help this Club has afforded me and my Tank Friends. Thank you :bigsmile:

Back