Cali Kid Corals

Ochre Striped Cardinals Apogon compressus Holding Eggs in his mouth.

I have a pair in my tank. I noticed on Saturday one was holding eggs in his mouth. Today it looked like he may have eaten them his pouch was smaller. Anyone breed these? Curious on care.

A very cool thing. But don't bother unless you plan to collect the eggs and incubate. Been there...then left ;). I even offerd my colony to the Steinhart but they did not have room for them. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I have a couple of pairs that breed like clockwork. I have yet to see the males release the babies, but know when they do cuz their eating during feeding time.

Thanks Erin,
I saw one of your old threads about it, but there wasn't anything in it, other than a link to marinebreeders :D I was pretty sure I wouldn't go down the route of raising them, but I was curious how hard it would be. If it meant just feeding some smaller foods, I might be down for that.

Erick
Again, enjoy it while these event occur. Congradulations on creating an environment that the the fish feel comfortable in. Fish eggs are tasty morsals of free food too.

Back