Neptune Aquatics

[Oct 15, 2016] How to Frag Your Corals Workshop!

x5AmLrs.png

Hey y'all let's frag some corals! We'll be having a lil informal class on fragging corals.

Information
  • Date: Saturday October 15, 2016
  • Start Time: 12:30PM
We'll cover different techniques for fragging different corals.
  • Which tools work best for which corals under certain circumstances.
  • Which corals should be fragged and which ones cannot be fragged.
  • What to do after you frag a coral? (e.g., don't put fresh cut fleshy corals in high flow or the skin will rip off)
  • I'll be fragging corals in front of you so feel free to ask questions!

I'm bringing these to frag
Jack-o-lantern Lepto
Rainbow Bubble Tipped Anemone
Montipora
Zoas
Acan Echinata (free frags for new members)
Hammer Colony (free frags for new members)

Also, we will be having a little meeting after to meet the New People interested in helping with the BAR Club Events. This is super important to this club.
@tankguy , @Corallus , @Flagg37 hopefully you can make it. Anyone else interested in helping please feel free to stick around after the Coral Fragging Class :)

Last edited:
This is awesome, just started my first tank in the last month and would love to see someone experienced work first hand and meet some other local reef lovers!

@Enderturtle I will not be going but I can drop off a Hammer n a birdsnest mini colony and maybe a Duncan when I go over tomorrow if you have room to hold them till then. I don't need them bk, you can give them away after the demo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will bring a big Oakland A’s chalice (green with yellow eyes), a frogspawn (green with purple tips), and a neon-green hammer - both fairly large with many heads. I want to keep a piece of each but will give DBTC or trade the rest!

Last edited:
@Enderturtle I will not be going but I can drop off a Hammer n a birdsnest mini colony and maybe a Duncan when I go over tomorrow if you have room to hold them till then. I don't need them bk, you can give them away after the demo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure the hammer you're taking him is the same one I offered that you gave me.

Back