got ethical husbandry?

[Oct 19, 2013] 2nd Annual Breeding and Propagation Workshop (Hayward, CA)

In terms of lunch, @patchin was looking to get us our old standby Frank the hot dog guy again, however it came to light that he is no longer in the business. The event planners are exploring other lunch options, so if you have any food truck connections or ideas please let me know! :)

I could buy some chinese food platters on clement street and them sell some there. chow mein and fried chicken or eggroll plates. We could cook hotdogs and drinks pretty easily as well. The hard part would be the headcount.

Thanks to Kessil, everyone who registers for BAP either through XenAtendo or Eventzilla by 11:59pm Saturday, 10/12 will be eligible to win a Kessil A360! Make sure you're on the list, and yes, you must be present at the event to win. :)

Last edited:
I could buy some chinese food platters on clement street and them sell some there. chow mein and fried chicken or eggroll plates. We could cook hotdogs and drinks pretty easily as well. The hard part would be the headcount.
Cook drinks? Sangria? Yes please... oh wait, dry campus!

I'll see if I still have my list from BAYMAC and from when I did the BAR fregswap planning years ago.

Remind me again how a silent auction works. You basically make one bid without anyone knowing and whomever bid the most wins it? Kind of like a guessing game where you want to put in a bid to win but not so high that you didn't need to bid that much to win.

Crud...

I'm missing the Excel Workbook I kept both the BAR stuff as well as BAYMAC stuff. I'll keep looking on other drives, but it should have been backed up to my DropBox long ago.

Mike, some silent auctions work by you simply sign a sheet and you can see what others bid.

Thanks to Kessil, everyone who registers for BAP either through XenAtendo or Eventzilla by 11:59pm Saturday, 10/12 will be eligible to win a Kessil A360! Make sure you're on the list, and yes, you must be present at the event to win. :)
Awesome! By RSVPing here, does that mean I'm "on the list"

@BAYMAC - thanks for trying to find the files, we should be alright.

@Apon - I appreciate that you want to help with lunch. Perhaps you can take over for next year's lunch with more advance planning? Currently we look to be set with a catering service that will provide sausages, hamburgers, and/or sandwiches.

@sfsuphysics - like Gresh said, this Silent Auction will be similar to eBay: There will be minimum bid increments, and you can see on the bidding sheet how much someone ahead of you is bidding.

@DeeAnnMG - yes, you're all set to win the Kessil by RSVPing on the first page of this thread! :)

ahhh ok, so it's an actual auction auction, not simply a matter of guessing how high of a bid will wins something. Not sure what I was thinking of.

BTW, cash only for the auction? Or will credit be accepted?

You are definitely able to charge your winning bids. We've been accepting credit cards for purchases made at BAR events for the past year and a half.

To register do I just select 1 for the early registration and then put the $10 in that box? Tried using the one below that said add to cart and it wasn't working.

To register do I just select 1 for the early registration and then put the $10 in that box? Tried using the one below that said add to cart and it wasn't working.

I appreciate that you wanted to donate towards the event! $10 is a suggested donation for non-BAR members to enable us to host events such as BAP. You can register and be eligible to win the Kessil just by selecting "Early Registration" without donating. We will also be accepting donations in cash or credit card at the event.

I may be bringing co-worker (and someone BAR should consider to have out as a speaker on the topic of breeding - he's lived it for many many years). Does he need to pay or will he get in under our sponsorship?

I may be bringing co-worker (and someone BAR should consider to have out as a speaker on the topic of breeding - he's lived it for many many years). Does he need to pay or will he get in under our sponsorship?
We'll have to get back to ya but I imagine he'd be covered under sponsorship if he commits to speaking at one of our events.

Please bring your co-worker! There is no mandatory donation for attending the event.

i won't know until friday if i can attend as things change, is it possible to simply show up?

It's fine to drop in, although if everyone does it we won't have an accurate headcount for seats and lunch (which will be available for purchase), so the sooner you can confirm attendance the better. :)

So are you going to post the final schedule up soon? maybe more for on the other forums (RC) you have posted on so they can plan the day if they come? do we have many of rsvp's outside of BAR?

We've got quite a few non-members signed up, and are expecting drop-ins - all in all this event will be bigger than last year! The event also received another billing from Reefbuilders, thanks to Jim. The schedule and program for the day will also be printed on the back of your badge so you can refer to it throughout the day. If you are able to bump up the event threads on RC and other forums it would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
Back