High Tide Aquatics

October 10th 1:00 General meeting featuring Paul Whitby and a DBTC bonanza

BARs October 10th general meeting is going to be exciting with more than one facet. First off we will be featuring a top notch speaker, Paul Whitby, a former TOTM winner, marine pathologist, and the President of the Central Oklahoma Marine Aquarium Society. Paul will be breaking down the art of aquascaping using architectural and aesthetic rules used in other arts like photography and landscaping. What I mean to say is we're all going to go home and tear our tanks apart :D

The other facet of the October meeting is the promotion of our Don't Break the Chain (DBTC) program. The meeting will give people a chance to do exchanges not only for people that are present, but for people that for various reasons have trouble picking up or dropping corals. If you are interested in getting involved in the program this will be a good time to do that. Check out our DBTC forums for corals, and if you have questions about the program check in here there's tons if info http://www.bareefers.org/home/forum/17. There will also be corals for you to pick that may not necessarily have a prearranged pick up, all you will asked to do is sign in with your name, handle and which coral you chose. Your pick will then be recorded into our database. If you are a member of any local clubs you are welcome to join in on the fun, we strongly encourage inter-club exchanges at this event.

This is also a good time to get those second and third generations out there, I know some of you folks must have a few frags waiting for distribution ;)

The event will be held at Chabot College in Hayward http://tinyurl.com/b3j8nk, make sure to use parking lot B and get a parking permit from one of the many machines in the parking lot.

Well I really am close to the southern half, kind of in the same "general area" as Chris' place, so I'm away from all that ugly city driving most associate with "The City" :D

Finally... been waiting for you to announce this :)

Paul is a excellent speaker and the subject is one close to my heart. I can't wait :)

:lol: If it was I'd tear it down just for Paul.

I planned, and built, my rockscape all ready using some of the ideas he's going to talk about :) I use some of the theory's in my graphic work.

Wow,

It's "inked" on my calendar. Looking forward to picking up some tips on arrangement and accessing Paul's knowledge of pathology too. Kudos on finding such an expert in these disciplines.

Thanks BARS.

RK

In addition to a great speaker and stepping up DBTC, this being the October meeting means we will also be voting on the 2010 BOD.

Coming to the meeting and casting your vote is one way you can affect the direction and future of BAR.

More information will follow, but the most important point is for you to show up and be a part of the process.

this will be my first meeting and i feel lucky that the topic is so interesting. i've been wanting to know more specifically about aquarium design aesthetic so this will be great. see you soon!

(can someone confirm that the time of the event is 1pm?) Thanks!

This would also be my first meeting, but I have another commitment in SF until 1. How long do the meetings usually last? Would I miss everything if I attempted to race over to Hayward after 1?

Back