got ethical husbandry?

October 9th BAR Meeting Featuring Leslie Harris

Hi everyone -- Just a reminder to post images of your hitch hikers or other inverts of interest in the Hitch Hikers thread http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/9798 My talk in October will focus on your critters, plus some tidbits on crabs, flatworms & of course polychaetes if there's time.

Does anyone want to bring live hitch hikers to the meeting? Ibn had kindly offered to bring a microscope last time & maybe he's still feeling generous....?

If he can't I bet I could use one of ours. I bet I could get one of ours that hooks up to the projector as well :D

You like to have stomatella and collonista on hand for the meeting? How about an inch long tube worm that feeds with mucus webbing? Several half inch clams? Razor clam? Might be able to get a fire worm, these go out of the tank regularly. Red planaria? Small brittle star? If I can find the half inch brown star, I will bring it for sure. Never seen it near coral, but that does not count it out as dangerous to coral.

The potato worm is in base rock so it is not making it. So are the several different types of feather worms.

That would be great Richard assuming we have a scope/projector system. I think most people have never seen them up close & personal.

Shooot... Just looked at my schedule and I'll be in NY on the 9nth :( In fact I've only got 10 days at home during October. I would have Randy bring it, but, he'll be out of the country at that point I am pretty sure. Sorry :(

At some point Saturday there will be a DBTC coral pass off. Maybe right after elections?

For those coral with no direct recipient set up a table will be cleared for coral to be available for those who would like to pick up chain frags. Make sure to let the person who dropped it off know who got the coral so the DBTC data can be entered for each. And if coral you brought does not get selected, be sure to pick it back up and take it back home until you do find a match.

Did i miss a thread about the election?? Since I cant attend how do I toss my name in the ring, or do I need to be nominated?

99sf said:
When I first started with a reef tank, Leslie H. helped me definitively identify this beast (found on my live rocks purchased from a giant tank with very well-fed tangs)
IMG_1653.jpg
Geeze, Christina............what a monster! It's the Tingler! :O Don't let it get on you!

Back