got ethical husbandry?

October 9th BAR Meeting Featuring Leslie Harris

Soooo bummed I missed not only your talk but also getting to see you Leslie :(

Rear window of the car got smashed while I was at the Giants game.
I gotta get it fixed and I have a Hockey game.
I'm so sorry for the Giants and that I will miss the meeting and Leslie's talk.
A-holes took our diaper bag with the kids clothes, my work clothes in a nice duffel bag and a few other items. It will add up to about 6-7 hundred by the time I get the glass fixed.
I'm sure most of the stuff will end up in a dumpster. What a PITA.

Bad news about the car and all the stuff best of luck with all the repairs, etc...

Me and little man are coming so save us a table in the back back corner. I'll bring crayons and snacks if more kids in da house!!!!

Well honestly I'd prefer finger paints and some mint flavored paste.... thats the real reason I left for the week ;) NY paste tastes much better, I hear its the water!!!

The great news is you guys helped me out with a little house cleaning by picking up about 15 frags. Thanks!

The even better news is that given some animals have 90, I am glad to only have one. It gets me into enough trouble.

Hi everyone--- Thanks for the great reception yesterday. My friends & I had a great time. Sorry I talked so long! As usual when I talk about inverts, I got over-enthusiastic & babbled on & on.... & on..... :8) Hope I didn't make the meeting run overtime too badly.

About flatworms & their endowments..... This morning I tried to find the paper that said 90 and couldn't. Some do have 2 and some have more than that but maybe 90 is just another myth.

If anyone has questions that didn't get answered yesterday you can post them here.

Cheers, Leslie

Well, today I'm treating a 20-ish volume tank for red flat-worms infestation; think those hitch-hiked on a small something introduced.
I saw zoanthids wiped out over the course of weeks and on place of them, redish mat-like stuff that turned to be planaria. I kept an eye for something else to be decimating the zoas but the only things I spotted were the flat-worms

Leslie you more than likely said 60 in the talk and in typical guy speak I repeated it as 90. It was a great talk and laid back just like we do it in BAR. Who cares about time?

I really enjoyed the talk for a variety of reasons:

• It's fun to see someone talk about something that they're obviously VERY interested in.
  • Hear how things tend to go rogue in our tanks, why, and how they should be acting back on the reef.
  • Point out the very simple ways to ID safe/unsafe things. Way better to have the EXPERT point to a picture and say look here. Straight from the source.
    Hear how you actually pronounce some of it!
    Hear some freaky stuff.

I thought the question about how to do the best on replicating all the food webs to keep them from going rogue was a pretty good one.

Thanks!!

Back