Off subject FS-Male and female Chameleons

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by costa510, Dec 30, 2010.

1. costa510

costa510 Guest

2. costa510

costa510 Guest

these guys need a good home and I need my wife off my ass. I'm going to upgrade my lights on my tank with that money thats why I just need $250. They will be able to breed soon and you would make more then your money back. They mate a month later the female will go to the bottom of the cage you need a trash bag and can of eco dirt she digs a hole deep. them she lays her eggs then she will fill the hole and be done you then dig them out buy a $150 egg incubator, and wait when they hatch 30 days later you sale them eggs are around 20-30 per clutch and babys are $50-35 at the least and every 30 days after she lays shes ready to mate and lay agian.

3. screebo

screebo Guest

Nice stuff, Anthony. You've done a great job of keeping a difficult species! H)
    Nice that the veiled are omnivorous and will eat ficus if the leaves are nice and tender. The panthers are only meat eaters but I love to watch them when they glimpse themselves in a mirror. What a show! Happy New Year. :beer:

4. costa510

costa510 Guest

yea lol if you get them put them in front of a mirror the male goes ape Sh!@

5. screebo

screebo Guest

I can hardly count the time's ol' Salvador got hauled out of his comfortable cage in the kitchen and held up to the living room mirror. "Hey you guys, check this out".

Is there an ethical question regarding purposefully fooling a chameleon into thinking he has a rival in his proximity and triggering the coloring and ritual puffing up? If so, every true chameleon owner I've ever known is guilty of this ruse on occasion. I've had a couple lizard huggers (like me) get after me about "poor guy, stop teasing him". I'd knock it off anyway in a minute or two. It's the only way to witness such an incredible display without actually having a second male around. I can almost smell the crickets........... :)

6. costa510

costa510 Guest

Lol yea I don't like it anymore he gets all stress out and get scared of everything after. But if you do it show him the female and he thinks he won and is top dog strutting his stuff in front of her.

7. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

Cool!
    30x$50 X 12months = 18K a year!
    Maybe Green Marine should buy them!
    You could keep all the baby's from the first clutch.
    The next year you should have 16 pairs making eggs!
    Heck that's 16x18k= $288000/year
    I'm In !
    I might need to have a cricket farm though.
    How much does eco dirt cost?LOL

8. costa510

costa510 Guest

You could make big money but you might not get $50 per the bare amount you want is $35 so that you make enough to pay for everything you got and make a profit.

eco dirt is cheap and can reuse it, like $5 a brick and you would need 4 bricks.

and i dont have a cricket farm just 2 critter keepers and that holds food for 5 to 7 days

9. costa510

costa510 Guest

ok I m letting them go for $200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats as low as I'll go so i can get these lights for my tank. If you want them PM or write here and I ll give you my number.

10. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

I'll check with a friend, he wanted a bearded dragon for his son but these would be cool too.

11. costa510

costa510 Guest

yea atleast these dont run and they wouldnt hurt if you got bit by one and they are really fun to hold i swear the male is like a cat he will chill out with you and will hold out his arms for you to pick him up

12. slim_jim989

slim_jim989 Guest

What type of lights were u looking for? And nice pair I think it would take a big convincing for the wife to say yes. :)

13. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Friend bought a Bearded thing a while ago.

14. Sfork

Sfork Guest

http://shirt.woot.com/shirts/chamoleon saw this today and thought of this thread haha.

15. costa510

costa510 Guest

ahahaha and they are army cool

16. slim_jim989

slim_jim989 Guest

Haha that's funny, so sfork are you still in the army, and costa are you still in or did u get out.

17. costa510

costa510 Guest

I got out dec. 17 2009, at times I wish I didn't. I would still be in Hawaii and I'd still be in the ocean snorkeling and surfing.

18. slim_jim989

slim_jim989 Guest

Ok that's cool so you should be using it 911 go bill huh, but getting off topic here bump for today.

19. Sfork

Sfork Guest

I got out in 2008. Using the 911 GI bill at SFSU :)

20. costa510

costa510 Guest

yea sorry i have to sell these at $250 wife got mad even when i said $275 cus thats not what i paid for these sorry for any problems.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the GI bill kicks butt I make close to 3,000 from the VA works out awsome. SF thats a high BAH rating to