Off Topic Photography Showcase Thread

Discussion in 'Photography' started by kinetic, Mar 12, 2007.

1. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

This is the thread for showing off your off topic (non-reef related) photography =) Please post only 10 at a time, at most once a day so we don't get too much photos destroying bandwidth and such =)

2. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

Yesterday, went to Alcatraz Island:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Good eye, Art.

From my last trip to Vietnam. Some portraits of the little people. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Elite

Elite Guest

Cute pics Ibn..
    Viet Nam cho nao vay?? :D

5. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

No idea. :(

I can't read a lick of Vietnamese, haha. I can understand very little of it nowadays when spoken.

6. Elite

Elite Guest

;D ..

Where in VN is that??

7. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

I may be going to Vietnam in December or January =) Who wants to come? I'm not vietnamese at all, but my gf is. I'm excited to go =)

8. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Oh, those were taken in the Saigon area. Born and raised there for 5 years and still have family there.

9. Elite

Elite Guest

Have fun in VN if you are going Art... I hope your gf tell you a bit about the country so you can get ready :eek: ;D

10. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Yup, make sure you bring plenty of memory along as well. Cameras attract locals, especially children, more so than candy (they don't get their pictures taken often if at all). I came back with over 30 GB (12 GB of CF cards and a 40 GB portable HD came in handy) of shots during the week that I was there. :eek:

11. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=1827.msg17392#msg17392 date=1173825348]
    Yup, make sure you bring plenty of memory along as well. Cameras attract locals, especially children, more so than candy (they don't get their pictures taken often if at all). I came back with over 30 GB (12 GB of CF cards and a 40 GB portable HD came in handy) of shots during the week that I was there. :eek:
    [/quote]

30gb? nice =)

I have a 40gb independent storage HD as well, which I always bring with me. haha hopefully it'll last!

My GF actually has never been there either... so this will be new for both of us.

12. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Boy, great shots all around Art and Eric. You both have a great eye. I especially like Arts hanging key and the first and second pic of Eric's :D

13. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Thanks. Here are some more from a different session; shot 16GB worth that day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]*

[​IMG]

14. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

is the 4th one at really high ISO? Or post processed to give it noise/grain?

if it's at very high ISO, that camera you have does a smashin job at it=) Good stufff.

15. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

That's ISO 800 on the D200 underexposed by a stop or so to give it the grains. The edges are then processed for look in post. :)

16. zepplock

zepplock Guest

17. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

ooh lala that one is good zepplock =)

18. zepplock

zepplock Guest

D50 kit lense @55mm

19. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

fantastic. what was your aperture? looks like it was big, thus some nice fuzzy bokeh =)

20. zepplock

zepplock Guest

I need to double check the original.
    This was shot in Conservatory Of Flowers in Golden Gate Park.

Amazing selection of orchids - but a bit crowdy ;-)

p.s. I'll post more.
    I'm learning alot.
    Would appreciate any advice.

p.s.s. I wish the front of the flower be more contrast.