Our mission

Off Topic Photography Showcase Thread

Actually photo has all exif in it ;-)

Here's one more:
1902532.jpg

yes colors from the camera.

I used about 3 different filters for each shot at least, stacked too even on a 12mm lens in order to get the great colors =)

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=1827.msg18166#msg18166 date=1175530546]
Nice saturation push.
[/quote]

I forgot to add that I'm also setting my camera to the saturation optimization setting that is recommended by ken rockwell. Yes he's not always right about things, but I found this tip very useful. When taking shots side by side with my friends D200, with this setting on, I get as good (from what I can see through the lcd preview) of saturation. The d200 always kicked my D70's butt when it came to saturation, but now I notice that my d80 does an awesome job too... not sure what it is. Probably software related and sensor related.

The D50 already employs quite a bit of processing in camera so it produces some amazing out of camera shots. The D200 doesn't do crap for colors in comparison, haha.

Here are some from the D70 shot in RAW with 2 stacked filters.
56067436.jpg

56067423.jpg

Other pics from the same trip.
56067013.jpg

56067233.jpg

Just farting around on the porch today and shot this succulant :D

Succulant.jpg

<edit: oops I killed the link :) >

Nice Gresham! ;D

Here are some of my favorites I have shot over the years - all done via point & shoot Nikon CoolPix 4500.

They are nothing to write home about.

IdealPanaroma.jpg

DSCN1013.jpg

DSCN0643.jpg

[quote author=kinetic link=topic=1827.msg18393#msg18393 date=1175834608]
oooh baby that's some bokeh you got there gresh ;) beautiful dof!!!
[/quote]

Don't equate me knowing 70's and 80's slang to that of knowing the current slang :)

bokeh? dof? Fun words to say but you got me there :(

<bokeh dof ew ot inay ain illers> mouth full of cotton asking Dr. for pain killers :D

[quote author=kinetic link=topic=1827.msg18394#msg18394 date=1175834650]
woah eileen, that last one is fantastic!!!! look at the firey colors! That's awesome!
[/quote]

I have yet to do print on the last one. I really wanted to photo-stitch a few of the sunset pics. I'll try again when I am up in Lassen this summer - I'm hoping to get my 30D by that time.

The blue sky sunset - looks better whenI tweak the heck out of the colors and then print.

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=1827.msg18407#msg18407 date=1175837151]
[quote author=kinetic link=topic=1827.msg18393#msg18393 date=1175834608]
oooh baby that's some bokeh you got there gresh ;) beautiful dof!!!
[/quote]

Don't equate me knowing 70's and 80's slang to that of knowing the current slang :)

bokeh? dof? Fun words to say but you got me there :(

<bokeh dof ew ot inay ain illers> mouth full of cotton asking Dr. for pain killers :D
[/quote]

Bokeh:
http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/bokeh.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bokeh

It's actually quite amazing how important bokeh is to a photo when you deal with depth and selective focusing. this is seen in your photo how the flower is super focused,a nd the rest has a nice pleasant blur =)

DOF: Depth of Field
This also has to do with bokeh, though bokeh describes more how the out of focus area looks rather than the whole thing that you've done to create the bokeh
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth_of_field

:D Thanks :D

In understand now.

<trys to forget vision of Dentist and the mouth full of cotton>

Back