Jestersix

Off Topic Photography Showcase Thread

IBN I was using a 70-300mm lens for some of the shots. They were taken at about 8:45 at night with a fairly decent exposure time so I am not too suprised at the flaring.

Yup, that second shot is a beauty. Might want to crop out some of the top dead space and get a panoramic crop from it.

Here's a few more; this time from Mendocino.

64753780.jpg

64753777.jpg

64753792.jpg

64802063.jpg

Ian was on the trip as well. Here he is shooting away.
64753801.jpg

Photoshoot with one of my models, Christina T., at Stinson Beach, CA last Sunday:

All: http://flickr.com/photos/kinetic

I know I have tons of tight shots that are fantastic, but I've gotten into the style of focusing a lot on location portraiture rather than straight portraits of the model, which are what I select to keep and showcase. The others I give to Christina for her portfolio.

I'm not saying I don't like the tighter cropped shots, but I think I really like making the person small in the frame and putting them in context with nice scenery at the moment. Maybe it's a phase =/ I mean on some I was using 12mm to shoot her ;)

Hey Art I just saw your Kauai trip shots of Flickr - I have a Timeshare out there in Poi Pu and we go quite a lot, such an beatifull place!

I was there in Nov and Feb - heading there again in Nov - but this time I should have a decent camera so I might come back with something half worth showing ;)

On the way to Poi Pu there is a road lined with trees that I know will make a phenomenal shot if I can get some time to compose it right.

[quote author=capescuba link=topic=1827.msg20063#msg20063 date=1178894606]
Hey Art I just saw your Kauai trip shots of Flickr - I have a Timeshare out there in Poi Pu and we go quite a lot, such an beatifull place!

I was there in Nov and Feb - heading there again in Nov - but this time I should have a decent camera so I might come back with something half worth showing ;)

On the way to Poi Pu there is a road lined with trees that I know will make a phenomenal shot if I can get some time to compose it right.
[/quote]

Yeah I know that exact road you're talking about! It's so cool how it's almost like a tunnel. There are a bunch of those off the main roads near Poipu, but not as impressive =)

I tried pulling over to take a shot, but the traffic is fast and the shoulders super small, be careful out there! I wanted to stand in the middle of the road ;)

Have fun on your trip! I'm sure your pictures will come out great =)

btw, do you know where that Lava Arch is? I was looking for it, and out of all the sights I wanted to see, the lava arch was the only one I couldn't find. We walked along the lava rock shore forever and never found it =/

Back