Off Topic Photography Showcase Thread

Discussion in 'Photography' started by kinetic, Mar 12, 2007.

1. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

IBN I was using a 70-300mm lens for some of the shots. They were taken at about 8:45 at night with a fairly decent exposure time so I am not too suprised at the flaring.

2. Thales

Thales Past President

Holy crap! Nice stuff guys!

3. iani

iani Guest

I agree nice stuff. I really like seminolecpa's second shot.

4. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Yup, that second shot is a beauty. Might want to crop out some of the top dead space and get a panoramic crop from it.

Here's a few more; this time from Mendocino.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ian was on the trip as well. Here he is shooting away.
    [​IMG]

5. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

eric: number 2 is a fantastic photo =) really captures that moment perfectly.

6. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

Photoshoot with one of my models, Christina T., at Stinson Beach, CA last Sunday:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All: http://flickr.com/photos/kinetic

7. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Art,

Try some tighter shots next time w/Christina. She has a beautiful smile...

8. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

I know I have tons of tight shots that are fantastic, but I've gotten into the style of focusing a lot on location portraiture rather than straight portraits of the model, which are what I select to keep and showcase. The others I give to Christina for her portfolio.

I'm not saying I don't like the tighter cropped shots, but I think I really like making the person small in the frame and putting them in context with nice scenery at the moment. Maybe it's a phase =/ I mean on some I was using 12mm to shoot her ;)

9. capescuba

capescuba Supporting Member

Hey Art I just saw your Kauai trip shots of Flickr - I have a Timeshare out there in Poi Pu and we go quite a lot, such an beatifull place!

I was there in Nov and Feb - heading there again in Nov - but this time I should have a decent camera so I might come back with something half worth showing ;)

On the way to Poi Pu there is a road lined with trees that I know will make a phenomenal shot if I can get some time to compose it right.

10. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

[quote author=capescuba link=topic=1827.msg20063#msg20063 date=1178894606]
    Hey Art I just saw your Kauai trip shots of Flickr - I have a Timeshare out there in Poi Pu and we go quite a lot, such an beatifull place!

I was there in Nov and Feb - heading there again in Nov - but this time I should have a decent camera so I might come back with something half worth showing ;)

On the way to Poi Pu there is a road lined with trees that I know will make a phenomenal shot if I can get some time to compose it right.
    [/quote]

Yeah I know that exact road you're talking about! It's so cool how it's almost like a tunnel. There are a bunch of those off the main roads near Poipu, but not as impressive =)

I tried pulling over to take a shot, but the traffic is fast and the shoulders super small, be careful out there! I wanted to stand in the middle of the road ;)

Have fun on your trip! I'm sure your pictures will come out great =)

btw, do you know where that Lava Arch is? I was looking for it, and out of all the sights I wanted to see, the lava arch was the only one I couldn't find. We walked along the lava rock shore forever and never found it =/

11. capescuba

capescuba Supporting Member

You mean this one? http://www.hawaiiweb.com/kauai/html/sites/sea_arch_at_marriott.html

12. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

yeah! blast it! I missed that one, I walked all the way over there too =P

13. Thales

Thales Past President

Here's a couple I was playing with:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. zepplock

zepplock Guest

15. zepplock

zepplock Guest

Some of my zoa:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And one SPS:
    [​IMG]

16. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

When did the off-topic (non-reef) thread become one? ;)

17. zepplock

zepplock Guest

haha ;-)

18. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

Another from my stinson beach shoot:

[​IMG]

19. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Took these a couple of weekends ago and finally finished processing. Here are some from the shoot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

awesome work eric =) you really captured the engagement? photos well.