Jestersix

Official BAR Regional swap 2011 help thread

Hello BAR members!

BAR needs your help to make for a smooth efficient swap, as you all know we are a member run group and your contributions can make a difference, so help yourself by helping us to help you.

What do we need?

A setup crew starting ~10:00, we need a half dozen people. This is a great time to get to know people before the madness of the swap starts, also there may be doughnuts involved as well as coffee.

Check in crew, some folks from the setup crew may stay involved for this step. We need runners, a coral check in crew that will make sure everything is properly labeled, packaged and healthy, as well as folks to check individuals payment status and get them name tags. I'm thinking ~8 people

During the swap we'll need people(PIT BOSSES) in the picking area making sure folks get in and out during their rounds and answer basic questions regarding corals, MCs to help with the raffle and to call letters. For this we'll need ~10 people, if you like to MC, please do :D

Cleanup crew (many hands make for light work :) ), cleanup usually starts ~3:30, we want to continue to use Chabot so we need to leave the place nice and shiny. For that we'll need ~10 people.

Jon (JAR) or I will update this post with the names of those willing to help, assigned to the tasks they volunteer for. Please, I cannot stress enough to be specific in what you have time for, "I'm there all day" doesn't help Jon or my job of coordination, "I can help with setup" or "I can monitor the picking area" makes my job MUCH easier, thanks!
WE HAVE MANPOWER, WE HAVE SWAP!!!!!
THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE!

SET UP 10:00AM (Bonus! Jeremy's homemade doughnuts and coffee)
anathema
eldiablosrt8
GDawson
jestersix
mavjoy
melly mel
patrickb
DONE

CHECK IN 10:44AM
eldiablosrt8
GDawson
Jbon
mray2660
Mr. Ugly
newhobby (cluck cluck)
northbay-reefer (head official)
TimTen
DONE
PIT BOSSES 12:32PM (Bonus! You may get to taze someone)
dswong01
fingerwrinkles(also not to be messed with)
gimmito(water patrol)
Mr. Ugly (not to be messed with)
patchin
patrickb(enough said)
perculation Angel voice MC

Raddogz(he may bite)
rtom (steppin up big time)
fsuphysics (mean Mike)
DONE

CLEAN UP when it's over

99sf
bondolo
Cookiejar
Coral reefer
GDawson
gerbilbox
miles405
patchin
sfpatentcat
Tamazula
treylane
DONE
Peanut Gallery

Gresham(in the flesh)
Gomer(via the WWW)

I see myself getting the pick group display up and running, pick group spreadsheets configured, and working with the MC/raffle reader to get the raffle numbers displayed up on the wall, etc... Setup through cleanup.

mray2660 said:
Jermey/Jon

Diane and I will help with what ever you need.

Mike
Please give him a specific area you would like to help in. If everyone just starts telling him they will help where ever then things get missed.

I'll do setup
I'll do check in (any of the mentioned functions)
I'll do clean up

I do not plan on participating in the actual swap. So you can put me down for all three tasks and allow others that do want to participatre to relax and enjoy.......

-Gregory

Please put me down for frag runner. And please give us official tag because last year someone tried to kicked me out of the frag area because they didn't know me ... lol

northbay-reefer said:
Please put me down for frag runner. And please give us official tag because last year someone tried to kicked me out of the frag area because they didn't know me ... lol

That was probably me Tom, my bad, next time we'll make sure you stay outside in the courtyard...

I will be coming later from my Steinhart volunteer duties, but I am willing to help if you need me for anything.

Back