High Tide Aquatics

Official BAR Regional swap 2011 help thread

What do the pit bosses do? I do plan to be around all day and am willing. My identification skills are only slightly better than "It's not a rock, it's not a fish, it's probably a coral. No wait, it moved--maybe it's a snail".

Pit Boss helps people that need help picking, helps keep people moving out when its time, etc. It's best you know a decent about the corals on the table if you take that job.

GreshamH said:
It's best you know a decent about the corals on the table if you take that job.

Yep, that is critical, if you cannot answer a question about a coral, then it takes precious time away from the pickers picking.

Oooo ... Tazers in da pit ... cool :) BTW, now that Patrick is a bona fide runner, he may not only bite like Eileen, but also chase you down beforehand!

Thinking of Patrick, wonder if we should all adopt the same hairstyle so we can easily recognize each other among the crowded masses ...

fingerwrinkles said:
Oooo ... Tazers in da pit ... cool :) BTW, now that Patrick is a bona fide runner, he may not only bite like Eileen, but also chase you down beforehand!

Thinking of Patrick, wonder if we should all adopt the same hairstyle so we can easily recognize each other among the crowded masses ...

I think a pink mohican would be sufficient.

If someone feels a bit uncomfortable about being a pit boss but want to volunteer, you can move me to pit boss and free up a slot for check in. I'm pretty sure at some point, I've accidentally killed enough stuff to be decent at identifying coral.

-Russell

Back