Official Nomination thread for upcoming Elections

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by seminolecpa, Sep 29, 2011.

1. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

Please keep this thread on topic and keep as serious as possible as this is a very important time for the club.

As I want to ensure that people that are nominated are actually interested in running, I would ask that all people nominated are either self-nominated and seconded by another member of the club or reply to this thread that they accept the nomination. Please also include the position you are niominating the person for. If there is someone that you feel strongly about and would like to see on the board or you have nominated someone and they have not responded to accept the nomination, I encourage you to reach out to them via pm and ask them to put their name in this thread for consideration. I will update this thread as the nominations become official and have been accepted
    The official positions are as follows:

President houser
    Vice-President gimmito

Treasurer - GDawson

Sponsorship/Public Relations Coralreefer

Secretary

The intent is to make the election official at the October 8th meeting. If there is only one candidate for an office then barring any objections, they will automatically take office. If we do not have enough people nominated by the October 8th meeting, we will conduct the elections via a forum vote shortly after. New officers technically take office immediately and work with the exiting officers through year end for transition purposes.

As we are limited right now in the number of people willing to step up an be on the board, I ask that at this time we only take nominations for the 5 main BOD officers. Per the by-laws the 4 at-large positions can/may be filled at a later point if the interest is there and we have a full slate of people.

2. seminolecpa

Gdawson has already been nominated and accepted the nomination in the other thread so i have added him to the list.

I will get this started

I nominate gimmito for vice president and houser as president

3. seminolecpa

My next two nominations are

CoralReefer-Sponsorship
    sfsuphysics- Secretary

4. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

I nominate:
    99SF for Secretary

5. euod

euod Supporting Member

What are the duties of a Sponsorship/Public Relations position?

6. seminolecpa

Good question.

There is quite a bit of "what you make it" involved, but here are the official responsibilities as stated in the by-laws

President
    The President shall be responsible for the overall operation of the organization. The President shall chair the monthly general membership meetings, and BOD meetings, and shall appoint all select committees, with or without assistance from the other Officers.
    The President shall call special meetings of the organization, committee meetings, BOD meetings, and any other meetings, which may be deemed necessary, but not the monthly general membership meetings. The President shall determine the location of such meetings.
    In case of any questions on demeanor while in office, the President shall be further governed by Robert's Rules of Order. Any tie among voting of the BOD shall be broken by the vote cast by the President.

Vice-President
    In the absence of the President, the Vice-President shall chair the monthly general membership meeting and the Board of Directors meeting. The Vice-President shall be the Program Coordinator for the monthly general membership meeting of the organization.

Treasurer
    The Treasurer shall keep the financial books of the organization, which shall include tracking all income and expenditures. The Treasurer shall provide a financial report within 2 weeks of a general meeting, and shall submit a budget for the coming year at the January Board of Directors meeting.
    The Treasurer shall pay any predetermined amounts as may have been authorized by the Board, and all bills presented to, and approved by majority vote at a Board of Directors meeting. The Treasurer shall prepare and submit all reports required by any governmental agency.
    The Treasurer shall authorize new members and remove former members who are no longer eligible for membership.

Secretary
    The Secretary shall record the minutes of each meeting of the monthly general membership meeting, and the Board of Directors. The Secretary shall be responsible for preparing and distributing agendas prior to BOD meetings.
    The Secretary shall track membership attendance at both general and BOD meetings.

Sponsorship/Public Relations
    The Sponsorship/Public Relations Officer shall maintain relationships with club sponsors, facilitate sponsor donations, and present sponsorship applicants to the BOD.

Officers at Large
    The Officers at Large shall work with the Officers in developing long-term goals and administering the programs and activities of the organization.

7. LeviT

LeviT Guest

They can be found here

http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/19

8. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

I'm sorry, but looking at the duties of secretary and the amount of meetings I've attended over the past year I would make a rather poor choice for that position.

9. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Come on Mike, you know you want to!

10. euod

euod Supporting Member

Which position would that be that allows you to invite speakers?

11. seminolecpa

While i am at it then. I would like to nominate TimTen for secretary.

12. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I'd be happy to help in any way wether it sponsorships or secretary. Mike, I'll trade you?

13. euod

euod Supporting Member

I nominate SALTWATERSIG for President.

14. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

:| Teo really ......we just had this talk |(

15. gimmito

gimmito Supporting Member

I would be happy to help out any way I can. Saturdays are tough to get off for meetings, but I think I can swing it. VP or sponsorships work for me. I second the nominations for Houser for prez & either 99SF or TimTen for secretary. I'll let the two Mike's duke it out for the other spots. ;)

Let's keep the club alive guys and gals.

16. Do nominations close at some point before Oct. 8th? If there are multiple nominees for any position, it would be nice to have candidate statement from each person before the vote.

17. seminolecpa

Candidate statement? This has typically been a who is going to do it kind of role unfortunately. Would love to see that kind of process but at this point we really need some able bodies.

18. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Candidate statements have been along the lines of, "Ok, I'll do it if nobody else is willing."

:D

Seeing some great nominations here. Need a few more!

19. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Gomer for President.

Euphyllia for Secretary.

Pixelpixi for OAL in charge of Skype.

20. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Joel for Secretary.