Official Nomination thread for upcoming Elections

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by seminolecpa, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Patchin for President.

2. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Norm for security!

3. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

BAR will pay for my monthly airfare.

4. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

BAR will pay for your Skype cam if you promise to wear at least a robe for BOD meetings :D

5. yardartist

yardartist Guest

Hoosier President?! ;)

6. Seems like most members are too humble. Whatever happened to "Go big or go home"? ;)

7. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

A lot of times, people are just a little uncertain about what the position responsibilities entail.

Hopefully the broader partipation at the BOD meetings in recent years has helped with that.

8. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

You are aware CoralReefer is in the trade and would be in the same position you warned Jesse and I not to get into?

9. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

You are aware that you are not always right and perhaps someone is trying to help you save face, right?

10. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

He is in the same bussiness as Tuberider and no one has ever said anything about that. You work for a sponsor of the club and Jess owns and brick and motor retail store. Different situations

11. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Thanks for explaining to everyone my situation Brian. Just so it's common club knowledge, yes I am a service/maintenance guy, like Jeremy, just not as good! But seriously, if that bothers anyone or is against the rules I'm fine with someone else taking care of sponsorships. Personally I just want the club to continue being awesome. It has really helped fudged my knowledge of and experience in the hobby and Id like to help give that opportunity to others.
    My business is super small, I don't advertise or really compete with any sponsors, and I'd be willing to bet that most members don't even know what I do, aside from the couple I've volunteered to do a feeding or water change for while they were on vacation(for free).

12. iani

iani Guest

Mike I am good with you taking over my position.

13. gimmito

gimmito Supporting Member

Good to know. ;)

14. bondolo

bondolo Supporting Member

Any chance you'd be willing to stand for any of the other open positions?

15. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I didn't know mail carriers got vacations... Obviously hit me up if you ever need a favor.

16. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

You talking to ian? Because if not I think he'd make a great president!
    If you are asking me I'll do whatever I can/whatever needs to be done.

17. bondolo

bondolo Supporting Member

Coralreefer: Sorry if I was unclear. I was indeed suggesting iani run for something. I am very pleased you are running for sponsorship/speakers.

18. iani

iani Guest

Sorry, Bondolo. I have just been too busy. My wife and I have a 3 month old baby girl. Next year is going to get crazy with our baby girl and hopefully starting construction on an extension on our house. Plus working every other Saturday I can normally only make half the meetings.

19. gimmito

gimmito Supporting Member

5 weeks worth...plus banks holidays. ;)

Thanks for the offer by the way...it's good to have a backup.

20. screebo

screebo Guest

I won't be able to stay on as Secretary so if you can take notes or type.............step right up. :glasses: