Cali Kid Corals

Oh No! What have I done?

patchin

Supporting Member
Help! I've been having a lot of message notification emails lately. Seemingly more than posts made on the site. This morning I had 175 notifications. I subscribed to a couple forums or threads or whatever you subscribe to, without really understanding what I was doing. How do I get back to a reasonable number of notifications?

My guess is there should be a unsubscribe or unsubscribe all somewhere.

Once done you can go back and subscribe to the forum you would want.

Click on My account on the left menu and then Subscriptions on the top. Pages and Categories are the two you want to look at. You can unsubscribe from there..

Actually I think things defaulted to email notification when the switch was made because I got a ton of emails as well. Really annoying too, I mean who needs an email to let them know a post was made? Just keep checking the board mad crazy like I do! :D

It defaulted to subscribing you to things you reply to. Maybe that's not desired?

I went ahead and changed the default, but it may apply only to new users. You can change the setting for yourself by going to My Account > Subscriptions > Settings and unchecking the auto-subscribe boxes.

Desired be me? No.

Desired by others? I can't speak for them. So I don't know if I'm in the minority or majority as far as that choice goes :)

Yeah, I don't know how many people like it or hate it either. Regardless, everyone can set the preference however they want. Configurability FTW!

Back