High Tide Aquatics

Oiram's prop little tank

I removed the whole filtration thing of the Eclipse hood, had the Urchin skimmer and it fits just fine in there.
I will program the tank switch , talking to the wife about a different spot for it but approval has yet to be given. Would be next to a window so the three sides get a view. The planned new spot is right behind the kitchen sink !!! so I can deal easier with water changes and maybe try working something with an RODI unit for auto top-off; the 5gal. jugs are getting a bit heavy.
If my wife was so much into this hobby... or at least a bit of support. She likes the tank and fish, she really does but liking and supporting are different things.
...stay tuned.

...forgot to ad; this prop tank will be at my sister's place, she's letting me use a room in the basement for this frag tank; all I have to do is chip in with the PG&E bill; nice of her.

She has a basement? Her and my parents are the few in the BA that actually have one :D Wish my new house had one.

yup, small one but she said I could use it since at my brother's the landlord does not like the idea of fish tanks, I have one small 37G there and most of my aquarium related junk.
Some work done today, couple hours only; spring break is for my kids so we're to watch "The Squeakquel"
Now to stain but decisions, decisions; Mike's stand has the Espresso stain and might wait til I get it. I tested Minwax Ebony and the new black Polyshades; both look nice.
I dropped the sump to go with this tank so I have to fix it, good thing the tank is plexi and only the baffles came off.

P1030133.jpg

Thanks guys !

Little setback...
I need to run a new power line to the basement room, the outlet currently there shares power with a washer and dryer and I don't want a power failure to impact on the tank. It's a little setback because there seems to be a partially run conduit to the wall intended for the aquarium, I have to check if it can be used and why was it left that way by the electrician.
What should I go with, a 15 or 20 amp. breaker? basement is cool so the need for huge amounts of energy is non existent. Mag 3 return, Skimmer, 200W heather, 150W MH + 2 T5 @ 24W each, MP20 and the fuge light 15W. Media reactors can be fed off the return, easy T-off of it (Mag 5 if so) or plain gravity fed from the drain.
I need to have this system running because might be my emergency back up plan for the tank switch so I'll focus this week on finishing it.

Almost done with the tank; had to add a top flange, bowed a bit so went for it; one thing learned is check for the guide bearing on the router bit to be spinning freely; a scuff/burn mark was left on the tank... well, what the heck is the first DIY plexi.
Chose black for the finish and the grain of the oak shows pretty good; also added some veneer along the edges of the plywood door.
Both, top and bottom were lined with foam flooring from Costco to dampen vibrations.
Plumbing is not glued but almost figured it out. Small detail is to paint the inside of the door as the rest of the stand.
Had a plexi tank ~18G and drilled it on the back to use it as a separate slow flow fuge and a regular sump, an Oceanic 20G sump.

P1030219.jpg

P1030222.jpg

P1030223.jpg

xcaret said:
Maybe start a business ? BAR Cages, BAR Wet Boxes, Gen and Associates?

One day I'm going to try a skimmer and a Ca Rx, skimmer based on the BK external models.
Looks great =) keep it a hobby! Its better that way FOR YOUR SANITY Have fun

I moved the tank to its semi-permanent, permanent place during the week with a little help from my nephew, same one that helped with the move of Eileen's tank.
This is what will be transferred to the new frag tank; I know, I know bad picture.
Is right in front of this tank so the move should not be a PITA.
I'll work on making a stand for this tank but I need funds for the material so might take a while.

0518001914.jpg

Apon said:
You can use the eclispe as a qt tank too, but interesting as a sump.

I think you should stop building empty tanks, and get to the fun part and fill up the 90 with fish and coral : )

I'm coming to get ya !!

Back