Kessil

Ok Steinhart Update Pictures on the corals we have donated!

Apon

Supporting Member
Ok so these are the corals we have donated in the past. Many thanks to everyone who donated so far. They have most of our donations in 1 bin, with some others going into a 2nd one so we/they can track what they do.

Let me know if you guys have any questions, and hopefully we can setup another tour this year soon.

Click on pictures to enlarge.

and some pics of stuff they have ...like clams. The Deresa is like 2ft! Last pics are of Tony's frogspawn ....it was huge!

Nice sign! :D

index.php

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=1656.msg15023#msg15023 date=1169521078]
Dang... a frogspawn that size could do some serious stinging!

Someone snag me one of those red cynarinas, haha :D
[/quote]

That clam looks yummy!
Seriously great project. 2 thumbs up.

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=1656.msg15023#msg15023 date=1169521078]
Dang... a frogspawn that size could do some serious stinging!

Someone snag me one of those red cynarinas, haha :D
[/quote]

Yeah I had that frog spawn for a long time. It was out growing my old tank. It started off with 6 heads.

Hey guys,

Later this month I get to take my class to the Steinhart Aquarium for our winter field trip! I've never been there, but i'm sure it's gonna be great. I'm excited to see the club-donated corals in person.

Later this month I get to take my class to the Steinhart Aquarium for our winter field trip! I've never been there, but i'm sure it's gonna be great. I'm excited to see the club-donated corals in person.

AFAIK you won't be able to see them, I went there last freeday, and some things I did notice, there were some SPS in the uber large tank, and there were some in some of the other smaller tanks that were not there, those COULD be BAR donations (although there's no labelling if so), I did see a rather large cap that looked similar to the one (I think) Norman donated although it was a bit more red than brown. The other place where they're being grown out, ie where that sign is shown, is not open to the public, there are glass doors and if you're tall enough you could maybe see into a couple vats but don't expect much :)

the bar corals are inside off to the side, you can't see them from the window. The tubs are labelled, but its hard to see from far away.

Back