High Tide Aquatics

OMG!!! Cloudy water!!!

I got home from work today and see my tank all cloudy!!!
OMG!!!
Looked at it, and my anemone got sucked in by my vortech :(
Only bits of it left :(
That blows....
Should I do major water change?

Sorry about that Roberto, yes, a water change plus run carbon. Been there, "sucks" but try getting some of the foam covers for Vortechs, little insurance for those anemones that want to get a "hair cut"

You might want to try to filter some of that particulate out, assuming it is anemone parts.
A quick reasonably low effort way:
Put a fine filter sock or fine floss in your overflow, or where water enters sump.
Or better, put that filter sock on a powerhead, so it blows into sock.
Then gently turkey-baste everything, every few hours, to keep it suspended.

RIP
:((

Before
P1050120.png

After
2011-01-06174538.jpg

Ouch that sucks!

I wanted to add to the votes that you should keep it and see if it recovers. I think everyone in this hobby needs to learn at some point that you never give up on a cnidarian until it's 100% dead, and even then you still have some hope with a few species.

Roberto, how is the rest of your tank? Did the water changes and carbon clear the water and prevent damage to the other livestock? Sorry to see the beautiful RBTA end up in the frag cup. I see that some retailers offer foam sleeves for Vortech powerheads. Does anyone know if there is a similar way to shield Koralias?

Note that you can wrap things with "plastic canvas", zip tied.
It is actually simple stiff nylon mesh, used for stitching. Comes in different sizes.
Most sewing or craft stores have them in clear.
Works as a super-coarse filter sock as well.

It looks beeter than mine. I had one I think go thru my vortech.. I found big pieces.. non looked that good.

Good luck with it. I hope iot pulls through.

Back