Open top friendly fish

Discussion in 'Fish and Invertebrates' started by Gomer, Jun 23, 2010.

1. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

The search has been disabled until a better module can be found. Some one should chime in with the easy google feature (site search).

2. r0ck0

r0ck0 Guest

Ya, I agree sixlines are a little too big for their britches. They should be added last anyway since they will decimate the copepod population of a new tank. My tank has two clowns, added first, a canary blenny and a neon goby added next and then the six line. That wrasse is crazy, he swims around the tank at super speed after being fed and is just weird, he does his little dance like in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFBainvTNmA

3. vivi

vivi Guest

I'd suggest doing the following -
    site:bareefers.org sixline

Adding the site: really helps. :) I'm drupal idiot, but I'd be happy to help add a mini-box to the website to do this. It shouldn't be that hard. Who do i contact?

Anyway, i have open top and water filled to the highest point. My clowns and damsels has never care to jump out. The snails, however, climbed out of the tank into the hang-on-back skimmer. :-/ That's probably how i've been missing snails.

4. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Lynn Erin (PixelPixy) is in charge of the website. There is a thread on this on the website question forum. You should post your offer there :D

5. Apon

Apon Volunteer

Tony, I onced had a neon goby jump out of work tank .... it was being chased by my lemon peel angel. I don't know why, since I had 2 gobies in there, the larger one ( 1 inch) was being chased not so much the other one which was a little smaller. now the lone gober is still fine.

How about a nice baby Angler? or flame angel ?

6. nudibranch

nudibranch Guest

I really like it when fish do cool things, like my clown eats out of my hand.

7. Matt_Wandell

Matt_Wandell Honorary Member

One option to prevent carpet surfing and preserve the "rimless" look is to just set up your overflow/drain system so that your water level is about 4-6" lower than it "should" be. Not foolproof, but it will keep in a lot of fish.

Here's a phot of the same idea, executed on a braced tank after the fact. You get the idea...
    [​IMG]

8. nudibranch

nudibranch Guest

I think they would win a surfing contest any day. Though I am pretty sure what they are doing is illegal. :D

9. nudibranch

nudibranch Guest

What is the link for the photo on the bottom.

10. nudibranch

nudibranch Guest

Watch out Bearsharktopuses have evolved.

[​IMG]

11. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

simply right click on it (pic) and "copy link location" if you are on a PC