got ethical husbandry?

Opinions on UV?

I actually agree Bruce, and thank you for the input. I am actually not catching them daily. Just the ones that I haven’t yet caught. My Mimic is the real target, as I am not sure he will live if I can’t get him dipped. I have upped the feeding, and am feeding Nori on the regular. They are all very active and feeding very well. The powder blue and purple are much more relaxed and seem to have done well with the dips. Mimic is quite stressed and rubbing on pretty much everything.

I have seen some pretty interesting behavior with this event. I have two blood shrimp, and they have become quite the cleaners. The mimic is in their cave sometimes 5 minutes at a time, and they are on each side of the tang, cleaning away. I have also witnessed my school of chromis cleaning the tang. I had no idea that could happen. The mimic holds really still with chromis on all sides, taking turns. Pretty amazing really. He had ich all over his eyes before, and doesn’t seem to have it anymore. Just not sure that is enough.

Mike (fishdoctor) came by and has been helping me with the treatment plan. Also did a big water change in addition to adding the UV. Haven’t pulled the trigger yet, but researching medicating the food as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dang, so little you can do when ich gets in the main tank. As we all know, there is no miracle cure.
Sympathies!
I do believe that all those strategies do help though, reduce the number of parasites, and help fish try to fight it off.

Or a thought:
You can make a temporary monster hospital tank, plumbed into the main tank.
Pump water at around 5 GPH through a 10 micron filter, into a 50G rubbermaid tank, which overflows back to main tank.
ich cannot get through that filter.
Do TTM and put the fish in that for a few months. The ich magnets first.
Since they are all still plumbed in the system together, the bioload/cycling/etc should not be an issue.
You can let the DT be fish free for a couple of months.

Back