Cali Kid Corals

Orange Bam-Bam zoanthids

Dyngoe

Supporting Member
Hey All,

I spoke with a few of you yesterday about these and I wanted to see how much interest there is from others out there. These are orange on orange on orange, with slight black rim right before the "lashes". The centers fluoresce nicely under actinics. I stink at photos, so here's one I stole:
main.php

So far I promised pieces to:
Cits
DZ
Patchin

I'll try to get as many frags as I can when I clean the tank today. I will not go any lower than 4-5 polyps on a rock. Otherwise it just takes too long for them to start growing.

Sweet looking, are those named after Bam Bam the ol' BAR member? Or Bam Bam the illegitimate son of Barney & Betty Rubble? (Left on the doorstep my butt!)

Holy Crap! I actually have something you all want? I was starting to get an inferiority complex about my corals.
OK, it may be a stretch but I'll try and get frags for:
CitS
Patchin
DZ
xinumaster
SFSU
Nash
Tonggao

BTW, I didn't name these puppies. Thank someone else who cares about fancy names. Also the picture is not of my corals, but they look just like the picture. In fact that almost looks exactly like my rock. I simply suck at photos.

One option is to mail them.

Wrap them in a layer of damp paper towel, stick them in a cheap thermos, and mail by USPS Priority.

Costs about $5 to mail, and it'll get there in a day or so. I've sent zoas to NY, MI, and GA that way.

Zoas and sometimes mushrooms do ok this way. You have to be careful of really hot or really cold weather though.

Hey SF, no worries. I'll make it work.

OK everyone, I have clipped of a few that are full color and many more that are bleached. They guy who had the rock before me bleached a large portion of the colony and I accidentally cut some of those off instead of the full color ones. Same species and will grow full colored children, but right now they are bleached in the body; eyes and lashes are nice orange. Anyone interested in putting these in a frag tank for grow out? I still think they look pretty good, but I promised orange on orange on orange so I don't want to mislead. The bleached ones look more like this (not my picture):
main.php

i can also grow the bleached ones. any idea how can we make it to SF? :) i don't mind paying shipping like Mr Ugly suggested. :)

[size=12pt]Decepticons, attack![/size]
I can give you a first gen of the bleached centers. They do grow healthy children. I MAY have a ton of these. I'm debating stripping the entire rock to grow healthy ones. Regardless I will have enough to give you a decent start for one of your frag tanks.

OK,

I believe I will have 7 frags available this weekend. Here's how it looks:
Bleached version (5-10 polyps a piece unmounted unless otherwise requested):
DZ
The man - Mr. Ugly
Skorpinok

Non Bleached (4-6 polyps a piece unmounted unless otherwise requested):
xinumaster
SFSU
Nash
Tonggao

What I can do is drop of the frags for the SF people this weekend when I come out for father's day. Anyone want to be the repository for these so others can pick them up?

I don't know where everyone is, so for those not in the 415 let's figure out something.

Duuuuude, I don't need any zoos, trust me, seriously I was just commenting on how nice they looked. :) Although there is a huge night/day difference between the two pictures.

Why didn't you say so, Mike? I have some zoas for you :D

Btw, the ones in the 2nd pic aren't Bambams. They are a completely different morph!

Back