High Tide Aquatics

Ordered one of these today

seminolecpa

Past President
http://www.digitalaquatics.com/m_product_info.php?part_number=30-0011-001

Been holding out to buy a controller for a long time. Hope it is worth the hype. Looks like it is gonna be awesome.

Ahh they finally went preorder

Was quite funny reading D.A. RC forum and listening to all the people bitching and moaning about why isn't it out yet... blah blah I'm going to get a ProFilux controller... quite funny actually.

I'm thinking of pre-ordering one too, however I'm not quite sure that the moonlights dohicky (A $69.95 value!:D) is really worth that much.

Ok moral question here.

Just the other day as the g/f and I were shopping for camping related gear (basically a mat to sleep on, lantern mantles since I"m one of the last people who has a gas fired lantern and not some CF bulbs in a lantern shaped case)... she after other vacationish talk "I miss Hawaii..." "We won't be able to take any big vacations this year..." "You're not making as much money due to budget cuts..." etc.

Now should I feel bad about forking over money if I "Can't afford a big vacation" (not true, but she ain't my wife yet, she doesn't get to know the dirty details of my bank accounts/finances)?? I mean obviously she doesn't get to know the truth about the cost :D But still.

Feel bad? Nope. Infact, feel good! A vacation is a big expense that brings a fleeting moment of joy. A piece of hardware like this is way cheaper then the big expense of a hawaii vacation, is more then a fleeting moment of joy, and is an investment. :-D

I make these purchases from time to time and justify it in not wasting money on constantly going out for empty entertainment/fastfood which is common with most everyone else.

And for my wife and me, give us a week in Yosemite over a week in Hawaii any day.

Shh it will damnit! I just pre-ordered mine, hence it will be cooler than a block of ice sitting on an iceberg in Antartica in the middle of July!

I guess no big vacation trips. I will even say (assuming they don't propose any more park closures) that even camping can get expensive.

Back