Ordered one of these today

Discussion in 'Other Reef Talk' started by seminolecpa, May 28, 2008.

1. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

But i have all my hair and I don't smoke :) I admit, I don't know everything :( I do know just about everyone though :lol:

2. scuzy

scuzy Supporting Member

i got mine installed and i love it. So many features. I need to order a few more PC4 modules. So far i have set it to not turn on my MH if tank temp is above 85

3. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

UPS is still driving around with mine in it's truck... unless Gresham hijacked it!!!

I think my first setup is simply to monitor temperature & pH without doing anything automated just to get an idea for what's going on without it's assistance (i.e. see how screwed up I've been doing things! :D) Then, I'll control heaters/fans/lights, get some peristaltic pumps for 2-part so I don't have to do it every morning manually. Then... oh hell I don't know what then, just sit back and simply figure out what to do next (and yes I realize I could do all of this with a cheaper model of controller)

4. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Sweet. I take it that it was easy to install and program?

Mine should be here sometime tomorrow. :p

5. scuzy

scuzy Supporting Member

Yeah the install was super easy all daisy chained. It took awhile to program all the functions. I think I need to order 2 more pc4 modules.

6. Elite

Elite Guest

no pics??

7. scuzy

scuzy Supporting Member

I didn't take any pictures. Since it's pretty much available on the net.

8. iani

iani Guest

Got mine just now. Can't wait to get it home to set it up.

9. Elite

Elite Guest

Just want to see with everything plug in :) ..

10. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

I'm wondering why they didn't make a pc-8 module or something instead of pc-4s.

11. scuzy

scuzy Supporting Member

guess it allows you to put each module on it's own circuit so it won't blow a fuse.

12. iani

iani Guest

Plus it works better for people like me that are controlling two sets of lights with one controller. You can spread the modules apart further.

13. scuzy

scuzy Supporting Member

i think the idea is great but the price is a little steap :) if it was like 70 bucks for hte pc4 it'll be more reasonable.

14. sfsuphysics

Yeah, something like a 8 plug module IIRC was maxed at 15A, Now each PC4 is maxed at 15A, with 8A max 2 plugs and 3A max on the other two plugs (as long as you don't exceed 15A you're set.

But yeah, lights and sump in radically different areas, having 2 x 4 is more convenient than 1x8

15. sfsuphysics

[quote author=scuzy link=topic=3785.msg47836#msg47836 date=1214946352]
    i think the idea is great but the price is a little steap :) if it was like 70 bucks for hte pc4 it'll be more reasonable.
    [/quote]
    70 is reasonable, but 90 is too much?? :D

16. scuzy

scuzy Supporting Member

yeah 20 bcks goes to frags :)

17. scuzy

scuzy Supporting Member

by the time i finish i think i'll spend liek over 1k o nthis controller :) The wife's not very happy

18. sfsuphysics

Hey 20 bucks is like half a tank of gas (for me) for others closer to a quarter tank :D

19. scuzy

scuzy Supporting Member

liek i said if it's 70 it's nicer. You wouldn't complain if it was at 70 ;)

20. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Hmm, good points.

Nobody ever complains about savings.