Ordered one of these today

Discussion in 'Other Reef Talk' started by seminolecpa, May 28, 2008.

1. Elite

Elite Guest

How does the head talk to each PC4? Wireless?

2. iani

iani Guest

It looks sort of like an ethernet cable. They call it a bus cable.

3. Elite

Elite Guest

phone cable?? Each PC4 connect to the head unit using a cable or sort of like daisy chain? I might have to sell my ACJr to get this unit ;D ..

4. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

No you can only connect one bus to the head unit, however each PC4 and SLI (the probe module) has 2 ports, so you can chain them off one after another.

5. iani

iani Guest

who got their shipment?

6. sfsuphysics

Just got mine, read your no-probe post and freaked out, I think I have mine, looks like a temp probe of some sort.

Some pics for Phong :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I need to grab my laptop, and go downstairs because the only manual is on a damn micro-cd.

7. hiepatitis

hiepatitis Guest

I think I just peed in my pants a little bit. I'm gonna have to sell some stuff to get this thing.

8. sfsuphysics

unfortunately I don't have a thermometer with 0.1F resolution to properly calibrate the probe *sigh*

9. Paradox

Paradox Guest

Ugh more things I want but dont need!

10. scuzy

scuzy Supporting Member

yeah all the modules are daisy chained on after another. It's pretty unique. i need to order another SL1 and 1 more PC4

11. sfsuphysics

I actually don't like the daisy chained look, I'd rather they octopus out, so you could have your head unit at the center of things, and maybe have a sensor package over on one side, power on another, etc. As it's set it's one long string of objects.

12. Elite

Elite Guest

so you can have as many SL1 as you want? That is pretty cool.. How much is the SL1 alone?

13. sfsuphysics

IIRC the limit is 63 SL1 devices :D

However they do say there's a limit of 50 feet to the TOTAL length of wire used to connect them all, so that will probably be a limiting factor before you get the max number.

14. scuzy

scuzy Supporting Member

i need one more SL1 so i can get rid of my milwalkee PH controller for my calcium reactor.

15. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Instructions for the unit sucks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This sucker is useless for the moment.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. scuzy

scuzy Supporting Member

yeah the instruction sucks. I jsut fiddle with it and figured everything out :)

17. iani

iani Guest

I agree the manual is worthless.

18. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

Yes they do. You can call me if you want. I got them on the phone and got mine working fairly well at least with the majority of the basics.

415-728-2468

19. scuzy

scuzy Supporting Member

have you guys figure out the triggers for the SL1? it said not to run power to it but how else will it ftrigger the damn thing.

20. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Actually leaving town in the next hour and I'll fiddle around with it some more when I get back on Sunday. I'll be relying on my acjr until then.