High Tide Aquatics

Ordered one of these today

Not sure what you mean by triggers. The only issue i am having is with my MH's turing on and off, but it may just have been because I was setting it up yesterday. Seems to be ok now, but will know for sure after today.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1423568

the SL1 has switch functions so you can set i guess a chiller and other modules ot workon it like a auto top off. According to the manual it said never to put power to it. so how else will it detect a signal ?

If you look next to your temp-probe port there are two similar shaped plugs, also in one of the plastic bags there looked to be the male ends of those plugs. that's where you'd hook up something like a float-switch. However the chiller wouldn't require a float-switch, you'd simply set a temperature program to flip it on if temp exceeds XX.

Yup, what Mike said. I think the switches just test to see if there is a complete circuit. Its a pretty simple setup.

How is the unit so far? Someone is selling the setup on RC if somebody needs another one :D .. The PC4 looks very cheap. Is it plastic?

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1428558

No taxes, shipping was only $15. He's trying to get a fast buck because if you want one now their backordered.

He also has no idea what the hell NIB means, it means it's not been opened, or used in any fashion, not I still have the box.

Of course it might be a simply typo and he meant $500.

I wonder if he's going to throw in the free coupon for the MLC that you get when you pre-order.

I agree with Mike.. I hate those people >:( ...

I want to get the 80G SP3 for a while now. Because of these people, there isn't any in store >:( >:( ..

Been some bumps along the road with the RKE but I must say Digital Aquatics customer service has been about the best I have encountered. Can't say enough about how well these guys are handling the bumps and bruises that come with releasing a new product including rapid email response, late night return phone calls etc. So far I have only tapped some of the more basic things in the controller (ph and temp monitoring, heater and fan control, lighting control and a few others) but looking forward to the planned upgrades to bring all of my tanks on line.

So far I would say I would highly recommend it but would also say if you aren't down for a few trials and errors it may be best to wait a month ot two for some of the early bugs to be worked out though being a guinea pig does have its benefits. I have gotten some of the newer software updates before they have even been released.

I will post some pictures up soon.

Ditto, I haven't had quite as many issues as Bryan, however I did have a few that were annoying (lights shutting off for hours during the day), channel popping on and off randomly even though nothing was plugged into it. However after the first update, which is a little annoying to do because you have to disconnect each item but whatever, it has worked perfectly. Digital Aquatics wants to avoid a bad name, and they're on top of fixing everything.

Don't know this is my first controller. I do know that is will be very expandable and once you figure out the basics it is also very user friendly. I came with a ph and temp probe and to Pc-4's (4 strip outlets). If you ever want to see it in action let me know.

No experience personally.

However I wouldn't say sell your controller in favor of this yet. I mean out of the box it can control pH/Temp/ORP as well as trigger stuff via switches (floatswitch for instance), and of course anything you plug in that requires a timer to do something. However the benefit it has is that you can expand to MANY more plugs (at a cost of course :D) by buying another PC4 module (4 plugs), and there's always future developments that make it quite expandable potentially.

However if your ACJr. is doing everything you think you would need, don't get rid of it.

I think Bryan and I bought this because it's our first controller, its not that much more than an ACJr or RK2 if you add in the probes, and it is cheaper than an AC3pro that doesn't have probes. Since I won't know what sort of stuff I'll need to do in 5 years, I like the expandability of it. I mean I've seen a few people locally sell off their ACjr because of it's limitations when something like wavemaker module came out (not enough programming space for it), while yes add-ons won't be free I'll know I don't have to sell my used baseunit and buy a newer more expensive one just to play around with the stuff.

Back